Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Correct front fiber sight height for TS

kwelhand

Call Dawson.  Their FO front sight is better, and they have the hole for the retaining pin pre-drilled.  The rear of the Dawson sight has a recess that you can pull the FO rod into when you melt the back.  That keeps the 'dot' perfectly round and small.  With the other sights, you melt the rod and end up with a blob at the end.  It does no good to get a .090" FO front sight if you end up with a bigger blob at the sighting end.

There are two ways to measure front sight height.  One way is from the bottom of the dovetail to the top of the sight.  The other is from the top of the base to the top of the sight.

I went with a shorter Dawson and filed the rear sight down to match.  I also deepened the notch, plus rounded the outside corners and edges.  It not makes a wonderful slide racker, plus the sights are closer to the bore.

8 minutes ago, zzt said:

Call Dawson.  Their FO front sight is better, and they have the hole for the retaining pin pre-drilled.  The rear of the Dawson sight has a recess that you can pull the FO rod into when you melt the back.  That keeps the 'dot' perfectly round and small.  With the other sights, you melt the rod and end up with a blob at the end.  It does no good to get a .090" FO front sight if you end up with a bigger blob at the sighting end.

There are two ways to measure front sight height.  One way is from the bottom of the dovetail to the top of the sight.  The other is from the top of the base to the top of the sight.

I went with a shorter Dawson and filed the rear sight down to match.  I also deepened the notch, plus rounded the outside corners and edges.  It not makes a wonderful slide racker, plus the sights are closer to the bore.

Thanks for your help.

This is the reply that I got from Dawson regarding to the correct front fiber optic sight for TS w/ factory rear sight:

....From what I can find, the factory height front sight is a 7.5mm tall sight, but that includes the 0.085 dovetail.

I think the factory front sight is 0.210 tall. Our 0.210 tall front sight has a 0.125 wide blade, but if you can use a 0.205 tall front sight, we make it with a 0.100 wide blade....

Pick the front sight off of the option list...

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-cz-75b-85-combat-fiber-optic-front-sights/

Edited by kwelhand

Both of the sights below will work with a TS non-adjustable rear.  The PN and price are from the CZ-USA web site

40309 FIBER OPTIC FRONT SIGHT 75 SERIES 1x7.50mm 1   $35.00 $35.00
40319 FIBER OPTIC FRONT SIGHT 75 SERIES 1.5x7.50mm 1   $35.00 $35.00

1 hour ago, muncie21 said:

Both of the sights below will work with a TS non-adjustable rear.  The PN and price are from the CZ-USA web site

40309 FIBER OPTIC FRONT SIGHT 75 SERIES 1x7.50mm 1   $35.00 $35.00
40319 FIBER OPTIC FRONT SIGHT 75 SERIES 1.5x7.50mm 1   $35.00 $35.00

Great info!

What's the difference between first and second one... sorry for the newbie question.