Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Powder Check

I have a 650 with the Dillon powder check die installed. Everything works as it should, except for me. My hearing is getting poor and the frequency of the buzzer when there is a double or squib load is one of those frequencies I can barely hear anymore. I called Dillon to ask if there was an adjustment or different product I could get to change the frequency, or show a LED light instead, but they told me I was out of luck.

So turning here... anyone have a similar issue or found a solution, or can think of a solution? I can open it up and put in a new resistor or something if that will change the tone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a LED light on the press, but I cannot see into the brass from where I sit.  I'd have to reload standing or fiddle around with bench/chair height. SO I'm hoping to just adjust the tone and go back to the old familiar way of doing things. (Old guys don't like change as much as we used to.)

I REMOVED THE BUZZER AND TURNED IT AROUND. MADE A 1"" HOLE FOR THE SOUND TO COME OUT. YOU HAVE TO GRIND OFF A SMALL EAR FOR IT TO GO BACK IN. WASN'T ENTIRELY HAPPY WITH THE  RESULT, SO I HAD A FRIEND WIRE IN A "WHEAT GERM" BULB. NOW IT'S A LOT BETTER. BUT I SURE WISH DILLON OR SOME AFTERMARKET GUY WOULD COME UP WITH A REPLACEMENT BUZZER. THE LOW PRIMER ALARM IS FINE AND I'M SURE I'M SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THE PROBLEM IS EVEN IF THEY SOUND ALIKE.

HOWARD

12 hours ago, fileophile said:

I like the camera idea also, and ordered the linked-to items.

Tech tip. The lights on the camera are very bright and wash out the picture on the monitor. I used a black sharpie to coat the leds. Works fine.

2 minutes ago, Youngeyes said:

Tech tip. The lights on the camera are very bright and wash out the picture on the monitor. I used a black sharpie to coat the leds. Works fine.

YES!  I did the same thing and mentioned it in my video.  I couldn't see the powder level due to the glare from the bright lights on the camera.

I would actually get this monitor, looks to be the same one Youngeyes is using.

https://www.amazon.com/Padarsey-Backlight-Serveillance-Satellite-Equipment/dp/B06X1BKZVC/ref=pd_sbs_107_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06X1BKZVC&pd_rd_r=Z8QHM65XQTQP3ZTWCX40&pd_rd_w=FPvUr&pd_rd_wg=glCSb&psc=1&refRID=Z8QHM65XQTQP3ZTWCX40

Much higher resolution, and the camera will be the limiting factor, not like the other monitor.

13 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I would actually get this monitor, looks to be the same one Youngeyes is using.

https://www.amazon.com/Padarsey-Backlight-Serveillance-Satellite-Equipment/dp/B06X1BKZVC/ref=pd_sbs_107_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06X1BKZVC&pd_rd_r=Z8QHM65XQTQP3ZTWCX40&pd_rd_w=FPvUr&pd_rd_wg=glCSb&psc=1&refRID=Z8QHM65XQTQP3ZTWCX40

Much higher resolution, and the camera will be the limiting factor, not like the other monitor.

That's the same resolution. I used the ChiTronic® 7 Inch HD TFT 800*480 Rotating LCD Display Color Monitor -

On 11/7/2017 at 12:53 PM, Tom S. said:

Youngeyes - I like your pipe stand idea for the monitor, but can you show a picture of how the camera is mounted to the pipe end cap?  TIA!

I drilled a hole in the end cap that I attached to the pipe. I drilled another hole in the monitor stand. I used a nut and bolt to hold it together. 

20171108_222746_001.jpg