Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

*thumb rest [generic]* options

fatjoe123111

7 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Do you have a pic?

I know this is not the mount you are wanting to see but I couldn't find any pics before going to RTS2. This still should give a pretty good idea of size etc.

IMG_0616.jpg

On 1/2/2018 at 10:42 PM, aandabooks said:

I have a Go Gun and it sits too high under my 90 degree mount.  What is everyone running with a 90 degree mount?

I had the same problem which was made worse by the setback of the 90* mount.  I switched to a Cheely 90* that is not set back and this gave a lot more room for the Go Gun. 

cache_240_240_0_100_80_16777215_Horizont <<<<instead of this>>>>image.png.4cda9634a929dce333d8a5fad4f2f9e1.png

I like the Nitrofin for my Limited gun but I  found that my thumb would rub against the edge of the mount. 

Subsequently, I have changed to a Deltapoint pro with the Everglades thumb rest. It allows my thumb to extend more naturally than the vertical position dictated by the Go Gun

image.png

Edited by Balakay

I have the setback Cheely  mount. I drilled and tapped it 10-32 for my thumb and installed a McMaster Knob for $5. It keeps my thumb inboard. I bought the DAA adjustable and it stuck out the side too much to be comfortable then I did this (the 10-32 bolt runs thru the 1/4-20 hole with clearance).

1904t35.gif

Edited by SDL

My thumb is to short for most thumb rests, so I have a tab welded to the slide stop, get the angle I want and can reduce the size to my licking. Also don't have to remove sight base screws to take the slide off for cleaning. Add a piece of skate tape.