Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate (adjustable) Thumb Rest?

NiteQwill

I have a new Czechmate with a slightly different C-More mount than I've encountered before (on other Czechmates). 

Based on the holes and the various angles, is this for an adjustable thumb rest mount?  Does anyone make a mount to accommodate the holes?  This would be great since my Orange feels great with the thumb rest (which I feel is missing from the Czechmate).

3eNxN9y.jpg

Edited by NiteQwill

12 hours ago, Magictalent said:

I have that too. Do you got the new checkering too?

I got a old style thumb rest on my new czechmate.

The checkering is different from my Orange, so I don't know.

I too have the old thumbrest.

1 hour ago, Leadpilot said:

I contacted CZ-USA about the thumb rest few times in the past year and they told me there wasn't one.  I'd be interested in seeing the rest from Sebo weapons, but I can't seem to find it. 

there are so many creative  professional gunsmiths in this forum .try order t.h. from one of them. it is  a  simple part.

if u want something good u must pay.

Do you mind sending a link? I searched their site and can't find it. Thank you.

It's not on the site but he does sell it (I know Robin from IPSC matches). It's a CZ part, he gets it from them (it's not on their website either).

Maybe send him an email and ask for a picture. When mine gets here I'll take a photo but that might be a couple of weeks yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, yigal said:

there are so many creative  professional gunsmiths in this forum .try order t.h. from one of them. it is  a  simple part.

if u want something good u must pay.

I already have a thumb rest, I’m just curious to see the factory version. I went with a modified ipsc Alex so I could run a cheely mount.

1D8B5BDA-17FD-4714-93E7-F75E6A5DA5B2.jpeg

9 hours ago, Matt1 said:

It's not on the site but he does sell it (I know Robin from IPSC matches). It's a CZ part, he gets it from them (it's not on their website either).

Maybe send him an email and ask for a picture. When mine gets here I'll take a photo but that might be a couple of weeks yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I sent him an email. 

On 25/10/2017 at 4:30 PM, NiteQwill said:

I have a new Czechmate with a slightly different C-More mount than I've encountered before (on other Czechmates). 

Based on the holes and the various angles, is this for an adjustable thumb rest mount?  Does anyone make a mount to accommodate the holes?  This would be great since my Orange feels great with the thumb rest (which I feel is missing from the Czechmate).

3eNxN9y.jpg

The thumbrest should have come with the gun. I would contact dealer you got it off and failing that CZ. 

I ordered a new mount and racker from Robin Šebo via email a couple of weeks ago. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2017 at 7:34 AM, Magictalent said:

I got a old style thumb rest on my new czechmate.

The old style thumb rests for the CM should be avoided. I had an IPSC Alex thumbrest for my czechmate for several months. I kept losing zero and could never figure out why as the screw to the thumbrest and mount were secure. The reason being is that the scope mount MUST be secured by at least two screws directly to the frame via the counter sinks. With 2011's, this is easy as there are usually four to five mounting holes in the mount to the frame, unfortunately, the CM only has THREE. This makes it nearly impossible to mount an aftermarket  thumb rest as the thumbrest will have two screws securing it and this leaves only one screw in the counter sink of the mount to the frame. This is why CZ has drilled holes into their latest mounts to accommodate a thumb rest that does not interfere with the mounting screws as pictured in the first post. CZ also sells the thumbrest by it self with the screws, so that you can drill and tap your older mount and add the thumb rest. This is what I have done as I have a CZ Custom multi mount with a DPP. I just bought the thumbrest from CZ and drilled and tapped the holes to accommodate the thumbrest. The thumbrest now works great, and no more losing zero :) . Here is a pic below:

IMG_0119.jpg

Edited by abb1

12 hours ago, abb1 said:

The old style thumb rests for the CM should be avoided. I had an IPSC Alex thumbrest for my czechmate for several months. I kept losing zero and could never figure out why as the screw to the thumbrest and mount were secure. The reason being is that the scope mount MUST be secured by at least two screws directly to the frame via the counter sinks. With 2011's, this is easy as there are usually four to five mounting holes in the mount to the frame, unfortunately, the CM only has THREE. This makes it nearly impossible to mount an aftermarket  thumb rest as the thumbrest will have two screws securing it and this leaves only one screw in the counter sink of the mount to the frame. This is why CZ has drilled holes into their latest mounts to accommodate a thumb rest that does not interfere with the mounting screws as pictured in the first post. CZ also sells the thumbrest by it self with the screws, so that you can drill and tap your older mount and add the thumb rest. This is what I have done as I have a CZ Custom multi mount with a DPP. I just bought the thumbrest from CZ and drilled and tapped the holes to accommodate the thumbrest. The thumbrest now works great, and no more losing zero :) . Here is a pic below:

IMG_0119.jpg

I got the same thumbrest now. Just received it 2 days ago.

I also installed the Shadow 2 wide safety on my Czechmate and TSO.

With the new safety my hand is up higher and able to help my short thumb to release it.

Great, you will need a M3x.50 tap and use a #40 drill bit. The drill bit is important as if you use a 3/32 you will break the tap. Of course if you have a newer mount, you won’t have to worry about it as it has the holes pre drilled.  Good luck! 

Edited by abb1