Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JPSCS92 failure- need parts help

So my JPSCS9 blew out during a match the weekend before last, and I need some help finding a replacement part.

289c5b80468c3ed148ff30e6fb414e19.jpg

I found the O-rings are the same as for a faucet, but the retaining ring has been hard to find. Before you say to call JP, I've already left messages and called several times with no luck, so I'm done waiting on them.

I'm trying to find this retaining ring:

bdf647e0b3cb322a021356a7fb082ae9.jpg

Anyone know where to find one?

I also noticed some rounding of the channel edge where the ring sits and wondered if anyone else has had this issue:

c61d79fb5ea88538d39be00a60c0565c.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: Wow, where did all the "O" rings go? I have around 5000 rounds through the one buffer and it still looks new. The other has about 3000. Both of these are lightened and use a lighter spring. I don't think the split ring will hold even if you get a new one since there is a worn area that used to be the groove. The split ring should still work but the weight carrier may not. I hope you get it figured out. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Wow, where did all the "O" rings go? I have around 5000 rounds through the one buffer and it still looks new. The other has about 3000. Both of these are lightened and use a lighter spring. I don't think the split ring will hold even if you get a new one since there is a worn area that used to be the groove. The split ring should still work but the weight carrier may not. I hope you get it figured out. Thanks, Eric

The O-rings all shredded when the buffer came apart. Only one stayed on, but was torn up badly. This one has nearly 10k rounds on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to say this but, I would guess that the O-rings got chewed up, fell out,  and allowed the weights to slap back a forth (for a while) until they

were able to defeat that circlip/groove.   I would recommend that everyone with an SCS inspect them periodically to make sure the o-rings are still

there and intact.