Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ads slowing site wayyy down

Southpaw

Since these new types of ads were added to the site a few weeks ago (things circled below) the site has been running super slow for me.  On my phone it takes an extra 5+ seconds to load every new page.  Each new page will look like it's loaded expect for those ads, but I can't click on anything for another 5+ seconds until the ads load and if I try to click on anything before that either nothing happens or, even more annoying, it will often then open some other link often no where near what I tapped on, then I have to go back and wait another 5 seconds for the same page to load again.  On my computer it's also much slower too, maybe an extra 1-2 seconds per page, but at least I can tell when the page finishes loading as the pointer shape will change once it's done so I can click on a link.  On my phone if there's none of those ads within view I have no way of knowing when it's done loading and I can finally click on something.  Anyone else having this problem?

Capture.JPG.2855fde386bdf0c2378bf405843b545b.JPG

The forum loads consistently loads lightening fast for me.

I did, however, remove all the (key)words that display on the forums home page from the AL code.

Depending on your browser (and now I also have to say "device"), you may have to clear the cache / history / data for the changes to be observable. 

I just tried clearing all history, cookies, cache, etc. and still having the same problem. So for example to get to this page I went to the forum homepage which appeared to be fully loaded in about normal time but I tapped on "Report Bugs or Feedback" forum link about 7 times with no response before it actually would recognize the tap. Then same thing once inside the forum when I tried tapping on this thread title to open it. I tapped it a bunch of times with no response because it forces me to wait about 5 seconds after loading each page before it will recognize a tap.

And just before that I tried opening another forum, but instead it opened a different one that wasn't even visible within my screen instead, so it read my tap as being in a totally different spot on the page.