Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 22 compact trigger

Kamkaze

7 minutes ago, glocknurse said:

I'm not changing any internals on mine but my Apex polymer trigger shoe is waiting for me in my mailbox so I plan on installing it tonight and I can report back.

That would be great thank you.

I got it tonight and installed it in 5 minutes.  It would have been faster but I didn't look up how to do it before I installed, I just took it apart and then put it back together in reverse order.  It seems to work just fine and feels nice.  I won't know for sure until I run some rounds through it this weekend but it's looking good.

2a5hz5i.jpg

On 10/5/2017 at 11:51 AM, Kamkaze said:

I am trying to find a drop in trigger for the 22 compact for my son, will the apex or any of the regular triggers work in them?

No, the M&P 22lr is not the same gun as M&P 9/40.  You got what you got, unfortunately.

41 minutes ago, PacMan said:

No, the M&P 22lr is not the same gun as M&P 9/40.  You got what you got, unfortunately.

I was figuring that was the case but I figured I'd check, I'll polish it up and get the most out of it I canfor my son.  Thank you

• 1 year later...
On 10/7/2017 at 8:06 AM, Kamkaze said:

I was figuring that was the case but I figured I'd check, I'll polish it up and get the most out of it I canfor my son.  Thank you

Curious how this trigger job turned out and if it's worth trying? 

Since the 22Compact is a single action system, I removed material from the hammer to reduce engagement and what is perceived as creep. Even w polishing, trigger pull is not much lighter, around 4 lbs, but much shorter. I also built up a small dome of JB weld behind trigger on the frame, which I sanded down till hammer is released, to reduce over travel. Trigger pull is much improved.

Mark