Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First match every!

jtrump

So this happened awhile back but I figured it would be a funny read for some of you guys and maybe help someone in the future.   I was a brand new shooter to USPSA, and also a brand new re-loader.

I started out shooting single stack division using .45acp,  shooting a 200g SWC under some winchester 231.    Well, my press was running really rough for some reason reloading .45 so I decided I would use some "one shot" case lube to help it.

I get up to the line on my very first stage ever in uspsa, shooter are you ready "nod" standby-beep:   I come up on target and get a poof!    I watch as the 200g SWC flies through the air hits the paper target in the A zone and bounces off of the cardboard "LOL".    I immediately stop and look around...  I promised everyone I was making major power factor.

The end result I did not let the cause lube dry, and on the inside of my chamber were a while bunch of golden color flakes of powder.   Lucky it was a 25 yard target so I had to take my time,  if it was close it could have been a controlled pair and a squib :(.

The more you know!

While one shot should be allowed to dry I have loaded immediately after spraying cases and have never had it interact negatively with powder. What powder? Maybe some are more sensitive than others.

With case lube, I spray the inside of an old tupperware with One Shot then dump 200ish pieces of Brass into it and stir it around by hand. Unlike directly spraying the cases, this keeps it out of the inside of the brass so that you can load right away.

In five years of doing this I’ve never had an issue loading cases within 60 seconds of lubing them.