Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOK grips for a TS

twister

I'd recommend trying the grip panels out if possible.  CZ grips are kind of like 1911's, everybody has a preference & every grip is "the best" on the market.  Depending on what you're looking for, and your preference, this may be a quick or long road to success.

I have tried a series of grips for my TS, plus handled others on my friends TSs.  I recently ordered a set of thin Lok Boggies and installed them.  My grip search is over.   They are quite grippy, and will not allow the gun to move in your hand no matter how sweaty your palms are.  I'll add that I did a grip reduction and have tape on both the front and back straps.  The only disadvantage, for me, of the Boogies is I have to perfect my draw.  With the other grips I could be slightly off and my hand would slide to the correct position.  Not so with Boggies.  Once gripped, it isn't going to move.  I have adjusted my holster position For the Steel Challenge surrender draw and eliminated that problem.  If you want an aggressive, but not painful grip, try a set.

I have tried a series of grips for my TS, plus handled others on my friends TSs.  I recently ordered a set of thin Lok Boggies and installed them.  My grip search is over.   They are quite grippy, and will not allow the gun to move in your hand no matter how sweaty your palms are.  I'll add that I did a grip reduction and have tape on both the front and back straps.  The only disadvantage, for me, of the Boogies is I have to perfect my draw.  With the other grips I could be slightly off and my hand would slide to the correct position.  Not so with Boggies.  Once gripped, it isn't going to move.  I have adjusted my holster position For the Steel Challenge surrender draw and eliminated that problem.  If you want an aggressive, but not painful grip, try a set.
Love the Palm swell LOKs on my Czechmate and Sp01

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, MrPostman said:

Love the Palm swell LOKs on my Czechmate and Sp01

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just bought some Palm Swell Lok grips for my CZ TS, hopefully they will enlarge the grip enough for my trigger finger to be comfortable.
Hopefully I don't have to buy a longer trigger.

Just got the Palm Swell Lok Grips in. I requested to get it cut down to CZ TS w/ czc magwell length.
They fit perfectly, and they are much more grippy than my CZC aluminum grips. The palm swells have also solved my problem of accidently flipping the safety up enough to prevent a trigger pull.

Just got the Palm Swell Lok Grips in. I requested to get it cut down to CZ TS w/ czc magwell length.

They fit perfectly, and they are much more grippy than my CZC aluminum grips. The palm swells have also solved my problem of accidently flipping the safety up enough to prevent a trigger pull.

That's great news. Do the Palm Swells feel about the same width as the stock wood grips?

I'm trying to decide which Loks to get.

18 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

That's great news. Do the Palm Swells feel about the same width as the stock wood grips?

They feel like they are wider than the stock, but I can check when I get home.

40 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

As the name implies, they are a bit wider in the middle, or where you palm would be while gripping the pistol.

They feel like they are wider than the stock, but I can check when I get home.

Thanks. If you measure I would appreciate knowing. The stock wood grips were not too wide for me, but they were not my favorite.

If the Palm Swells are even wider, however, I would be leaning towards the thin bogies.