Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport trigger question

drivenagain

I recently rented a TS in 9mm at my local gun range to try it out.  Hands down the most accurate pistol I have ever shot.

I think there may have been something wrong with the trigger.  It seemed loose for lack of a better word, the reset was almost undetectable.  I could not feel it or hear it.  It made it so I could not shoot the TS with speed/cadence/rhythm, and was disappointed.  Now, for the record this is a range gun that NO ONE shoots, its old, looks as if it hadnt been cleaned in a long time.  I theorized that since the trigger is adjustable that maybe some thing has backed out, and I need to try another one.  Any thoughts guys?  Thanks!

Jason

Jason,

I think you might be right about the trigger being way out of adjustment, also the TS trigger is very light, so who knows what it's been through, maybe the holes in the plastic trigger are egged or cracked.

If you buy a TS or Czechmate you will not be disappointed :cheers:

Thanks for the above responses.

Im a glock shooter, and used to that very audible and tactile click reset.  Yes the trigger was "so light" and was unlike anything I have ever fired, felt a bit mushy, but may have been me over squeezing the polymer trigger.  I'm torn between this and a Shadow 2, which i hope to fondle this weekend at a gun show.  Made me wonder what an aluminum trigger on a properly setup gun would feel like?

I have two Tactical Sports and don't recall being able to hear or feel the reset like I can on my Glocks.  Like someone mentioned previously, get a TS or TS Orange and you won't be disappointed.

P.S. the Shadow 2 is a nice gun, however the trigger is nowhere near that of a TS.  The S2 has a double action trigger (first shot) that was designed primarily for shooting in Production.

7 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

Maybe not stock :)

....and not even  customized :) ! The best that you can do with a Shadow 2 is bring the single action down to 2.25 lbs. The TS trigger weighs in at 1.5 lbs out of the box. On my czechmate it is set at 1.25 lbs. The Shadow 2 though does have a remarkable trigger for a production gun. I had mine in at 3 lbs out of the box. I put a 11.5 lb main spring and that brought it down to an amazing 2.5 lbs. I hear that they can go a bit better than that with a little bit of polishing, but not much. I still loved that trigger.

Pull weight isn't everything. Mine is under 2lbs with a 11.5 main spring and the full cajun kit. A massaged TS would blow ANY shadow out of the water, however, I would bet my shadow 2 single action is on par with most out of the box TS. 

Edited by MHitchcock

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:16 AM, drivenagain said:

I recently rented a TS in 9mm at my local gun range to try it out.  Hands down the most accurate pistol I have ever shot.

I think there may have been something wrong with the trigger.  It seemed loose for lack of a better word, the reset was almost undetectable.  I could not feel it or hear it.  It made it so I could not shoot the TS with speed/cadence/rhythm, and was disappointed.  Now, for the record this is a range gun that NO ONE shoots, its old, looks as if it hadnt been cleaned in a long time.  I theorized that since the trigger is adjustable that maybe some thing has backed out, and I need to try another one.  Any thoughts guys?  Thanks!

Jason

Perhaps it needs a new trigger reset spring, they are only $2.

5 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

Took me a while to get used to the soft reset of the TSO. I did a lot of polishing and now I get a little "snick". Wish it was more positive. I'd take an extra pound of pull weight to get it, but your're pretty limited by the trigger return spring on a TS.

What parts did you polish?
I would like to make my TS reset more noticeable.

On 9/29/2017 at 2:43 PM, Coctomus said:

What parts did you polish?
I would like to make my TS reset more noticeable.

Anywhere that the trigger bar can drag on. Especially the lobe the engages the slide detent. Take a close look at it all and hit any areas that can cause drag.