Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon powder hopper/measure history?

My fellow reloader at work has an older 550 with the single black bracket on the powder measure. He just purchased the latest and greatest powder measure. Can we juse change brackets for it to work like the original system?

Is the pot metal main body part the same?

I believe there is a post somewhere on this forum that explains how to do it.  The newer one works real rough compared to the older style.  Do a search in the Dillon section.  The post also asks you to not take advantage of dillon's warranty because you alter something and once it's done you cannot go back to using the new style.

3 hours ago, rooster said:

I believe there is a post somewhere on this forum that explains how to do it.  The newer one works real rough compared to the older style.  Do a search in the Dillon section.  The post also asks you to not take advantage of dillon's warranty because you alter something and once it's done you cannot go back to using the new style.

I searched but no luck.

4 minutes ago, rustybayonet said:

I searched but no luck.

try "fartknocker" ... really... You will find many posts of me staying try "fartknocker" but if you sift through it, you will find posts about the design change and the "retrograde" The earliest thread is from 2003...

15 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

try "fartknocker" ... really... You will find many posts of me staying try "fartknocker" but if you sift through it, you will find posts about the design change and the "retrograde" The earliest thread is from 2003...

The search here is acting weird, but fartknocker found the info. Thanx!

There are a couple revisions, if you get one 2 or 3 revisions old it cant be retrofitted, the pot metal part is different.  IIRC it's the one that is a simple L shaped bellcrank vs the "tri-wing" style.  Not to many of those around any more though.