Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P16 Limited

Qstick

While looking through Para's website - i noticed that I cannot find the P16 listed anymore, only the new version with a power extractor...whatever that is???

Anyone know if it was discontinued?

Zach

All Paras now come with the power extractor. I still have not made up my mind if I like them or not (I have both the old and new P16s) but the machining is much better on my new Para then on the original one.

Old style extractor won't work as stated by XRe. The reports on the power extractor have been good though.

(Design is similar to the original Aftec, Aftec changed the design for sales purposes (most people didn't want to enlarge the extractor tunnel before they knew if it was better)).

How do you tell a power extractor from a regular one.  I have a P-16 Limited and can't even get the extractor out.  Is this because it is a power extractor?

yup, it was named that since you need a lot of "power" to remove one :D

sorry i could not help myself. I do not know anything about their power extractor :mellow:

The power extractor looks the same as a normal one from the back of the slide, but the claw is much larger then a standard extractor.

To get you’re extractor out remove the firing pin stop and firing pin.

Remove the 80 series plunger from the slide; I don’t remember how to get it out because mine never go back in.

Push the claw of you’re extractor into the tunnel it rides in you should then be able to remove the extractor from the back of the slide.

A normal extractor will be one piece; the power extractor is a 4 piece unit (if you include the spring.

The extractor tunnel for a power extractor is much too large to run a normal extractor.

I believe Para changed their P prefixes to S prefixes. If you are looking for a P16 then find an S16 and it will be the same thing.

They still use the P designation on some models. (No P16 listed though). The 40 cal is only listed in the LTD, LDA and Covert models. (Model #s start with S or T).

• 3 weeks later...

Have anyone noticed that the new Para Sxx has a different receiver than the old limiteds? I also noticed that the engraving on the dust cover is not as sharp as the old version. My friend has a P16-40 and I was planning to buy the S16-40, however im worried about the receiver. Am i just being An@l? :) Any thoughts on this? Even the "Made in Canada" is not stamped on the front anymore.