Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX and short barrels.....for competition

I am now an owner of a SIG MPX, took it out today and shot it. Shot great and accurate too!! Fed from a 40 round extended mag and a 65 round spliced mag 100%

Now I am going to put this pig on a diet!!......to that end, I'll end up designing a small dia hand guard for it as that's just a no brainer!! As for the barrel......presently, it is the carbine so it has the 13.5" barrel with the pinned on flash hider. I run factory 124's thru it.......has anyone cut their barrels down less than 8" (like 4.5 or 5.25) and seen issues with reliability with out the use of a can? I know that I can always go shorter.....and if need be will sneak up on the shorter length, just wondering what the MPX shooters have found.

As for trigger.....right now it has a triggertech and while it works just fine.....I'm not a fan so it will be getting a JP very shortly.

Tim: You trader! You have gone to the other side now so no cookies for you. I think you will find you are on your own for really short barrel lengths on the MPX. A new lightweight hand guard would be a great option for those also. Good luck on your new setup. Thanks, Eric

Mark Isler (Isler Custom Gun Works) just released his CF handguard. It's a round profile with a 2" OD.

The Lancer on my MPX is kind of semi-octagonal profile. It's 2" OD side-to-side, and 2.2" top-to-bottom.

Really looking forward to the SLIM profile you come up with! 

Looking forward even more to the lightweight barrel shroud/extension! :)

The dark side has cookies!!!! Shot it tonight in a match and it's flawless!! Sadly, I'll be shooting my Colt style lower for many years to come. My son tried it after the match and did a jaw drop. It's gonna be better suited for him to use it than myself.

I've pretty much figured out a HD that will be actually be thinner than anything out there.....and less cost too......with a twist, see how it pans out. 

I'll be doing prototypes this week and cutting the barrel down to 5.25" like our ULW barrels.......Pretty sure I can get a pound out of the front end of the MPX

To be honest.......the MPX shoots friggen light!! But our ULW upper comes back to POA as fast and splits were pretty much identical. And that is fact......however, there is no denying that the MPX is one soft shooting powder puff carbine!!!! 

The MPX mags are better than glock or colt (and 2011 for PCC), hands down, anyone that disputes that doesn't know and is an idiot, period.......these companies are missing the boat not making a blowback that runs the MPX magazines....period

On 8/2/2017 at 8:25 AM, Nathanb said:

Is your mpx trigger stock? If so the hiperfires appear to be the trigger to go to. With the stock I thought I was pretty fast. With the hiperfire it's a word of difference. 

No....not really a Hiperfire fan boy, I like a light trigger that resets faster so i went with a JP