Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gas Station Advertising

Clay1

So I get it that the gas stations don't have the same amount of walk through traffic that they once did when everyone went inside to pay for the gas. I like my debit card and not standing in lines.

I'm at one station - 3 am. No one else is there. I start filling up and over the loud speaker this all out asault on me to come into the place to buy this or that. Pre recorded commercial bull and I have to listen to it because I need gas and there isn't another place open on the way home from work.

Last time I visit that place. It was truly offensive.

Then again, I have been working a ton of hours lately and might just be tired and cranky.

Rick

Local station here recently installed TV monitors next to the pumps that they advertise crap on, it's kinda fun to watch while I wait for the gas. Much nicer way of doing the same thing.

Local station here recently installed TV monitors next to the pumps that they advertise crap on, it's kinda fun to watch while I wait for the gas.  Much nicer way of doing the same thing.

Yeah, here in the Bay Area there is a Union 76 station/hand car wash that has the monitors. The video clip promoting the hand car wash had about 6 bikini clad women washing a nice BMW. Sweeeet! Unfortunately when I looked over at the car wash Juan, Javier, Jesus, Pedro, Jose, and Flaco were hard at work washing a Toyota.

Nolan

Local station here recently installed TV monitors next to the pumps that they advertise crap on, it's kinda fun to watch while I wait for the gas.  Much nicer way of doing the same thing.

Yeah, here in the Bay Area there is a Union 76 station/hand car wash that has the monitors. The video clip promoting the hand car wash had about 6 bikini clad women washing a nice BMW. Sweeeet! Unfortunately when I looked over at the car wash Juan, Javier, Jesus, Pedro, Jose, and Flaco were hard at work washing a Toyota.

Nolan

LMAO! :D

Nolan

\

Reminds me of one of my favorite Man Shows (when it was good)

Babes in Bikinis holding signs "Topless Car Wash $20" Guys pull in all smiles and one girl collects money and says "we will be right back!"

6 Topless, heavy (read fat), guys run out and wash their cars. Funny to see their facial expressions.

man, even back in the 70's when on vacation, the gas stations around Colorado Spgs would have gals in cut off jeans pumping gas...lots of male customers...good marketing...even then..

Damn I was born too late, none of that around anymore :unsure:

We dont have the add problem in NJ, but this is a state where self-serve doesnt exist by law. So we all get to sit in our cars and hand our cash or credit cards to someone else to do it for us. I guess they dont want to blast adds to the people working there.