Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun cart for under $45

OK, I admit that I'm getting old and lazy....I put off the idea for a year or so, but finally broke down and built a cart for hauling all my 3gun stuff. I thought I would pass on the ideas....the chassis is a pneumatic tired hand truck (a lot of sand on my home range) from HomeDepot (29.95)... to which I attached a plastic milk crate with a couple of 1/4 inch bolts and fender washers thru the plate, and two screw type hose clamps on the handles. A piece of scrap PT 2x4 was inletted with a sabre saw for barrel cutouts and  fastened to the handles with 3/4in pipe straps.  This barrel support  was padded with carpet remnant.  A narrow plywood "H" box section (padded with carpet) was fitted inside crate to hold the butts.  A large black rubber bungee holds the muzzles securely in place.  I mounted the long guns to ride flat to give more access to the top of the crate as a temporary seat (and better protect the optics on the rifle). A piece of plywood was attached as a seat, and hinged to flip forward with a couple of plastic cable ties.  A couple of additional black bungees are carried as temporary tie downs.  I bungee my regular shooting bag on top of  the seat of the cart when moving.  The crate holds extra shotshells, knee pads and gear. The holes in the crate make it very flexible to mount and use.   If needed my Coleman folding chair can ride on the axle and  bungee to the back of the hand truck.  Total cost was under $45... regards Les

Harbor Freight is pretty cool. So long as you don't want top-quality, American-made gear, they've got more low-priced chunks of imported metal stuff than you can shake a stick at.

(and they have a store in town-- this almost goes into "What I like..")

Singlestack... not exactly sure how to attach pictures, dont have a scanner...will try to get a jpeg picture at the match tomorrow and maybe can get some help how to post it.    We've had a lot of rain the last week and not a good prospect for the match.... the hand truck was made in USA and had Milwaukee label... has a single loop handle, the price may be special, has been on it for at least 6mos as I have been thinking about the project for some time.  I was trying to find a metal milk crate but they aren't as plentiful as they once were,  settled for a plastic one... regards Les

• 1 month later...

You can make a real nice and light 3 gun cart using one of those folding bag boy golf carts.  anyone interested, let me know and ill email you some pics.  used aluminum sheeting and those 4 wheeler handle bar holders for the guns, and a base plate to hold your range bag.