Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Free Shooting Boxes For Practice...

EricW

I was all set to make a couple of shooting boxes for practice out of PVC pipe, when I realized that an extra piece of garden hose I had worked just fine. I just laid it down on the lawn, made a loop of hose at each end and Voila! instant shooting boxes. Not perfect, but good enough for practical purposes and the price is right.

:)

My back yard is fine to run around in. I'll tell you when they thought that you have totally lost it. At work I have a couple of places that look like two boxes and I run back and forth between those. I have had more than the double take and really strange looks. What's funnier is that when I enter a box I put both hands together like my grip and enter the box with gun up and ready to go on a target instead of entering the box and then lifting the gun. I'm so far past losing it that my coworkers don't even try to figure me out these days.

Picture a grown man running back and forth between two boxes at work and air gunning. You just have to be there to get the full weight of the situation. :blink:

People would think i was REALLY nuts if i started running around in my backyard from box to box.

Get a dog. They love it and the neighbors just think you're playing.

I've airgunned movement drills on the promenade and sports decks of cruise ships. A few odd looks came my way, but that dropped off after my wife and I would start out doing Tai Chi Chuan forms. She brought along a collapsible (blunted sword), so she even had a weapon. My sticking my two fists out in front of my face seemed a whole less eccentric/inexplicable after that. :D