Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AFTEC 38SC & 38S

tomjerry1

No sir, I have run 9mm, .38 super and comp with the same aftec.  I was lucky and they all extracted well. Good luck.  Note; this was in my older open gun my new gun is mucho finicky.  So fun. Smh.

Edited by a matt

9 or 38SC will run if it is a 9/38 AFTEC.  There are two versions and one is for 38 super. I would not rely on 38 super or 38tj running on the 9/38 version.  I run 38sc and 9 -both run great.

I just encountered extraction issues this past weekend shooting or trying to shoot rounds with some TJ brass with my Aftec.  I have been enjoying some extraction issues lately (new gun) so now that you bring that to my attn I will double check to see exactly which Aftec in have in her.  Thank you for the reminder Isc. 

Nope. They are close but the extractor groves are different.  It has a modified extractor grove for full case length resizing. That and it's $20.00 more per 1k from Starline. 

Edited by a matt

as in, they are the same spec extractor rim ish, you would use the 9 / SC exctractor, not the super

they actually loose quite a bit of case volume due to the longer and easier resize routine. 

• 1 month later...