Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no love for the full size steel Witness?

14 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

Have you considered a Tristar S 120 or P 120?

I polished, replaced sights and springs, and that is it.

Runs like a champ and a very smooth trigger.

What are your options for sights? Sources?

Small frame or large? Does it take readily available CZ or Tanfo mags?

Fit a standard CZ model's holster?

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I am running the fixed rear sight sold by CGW for the cz 97 with a 6.5 mm tall sight.
Dawson Precision also sells sights.
Measure the rear dovetail width as they do come in two widths. Cajun Gun Works does offer a couple of options for sights.

I am using cz 75 compact mags with no issues.

There are many holster options, the picture I posted before was a used German police 229 holster that I paid 10 bucks for at a gun show. Works very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am running the fixed rear sight sold by CGW for the cz 97 with a 6.5 mm tall FO front sight.

Dawson Precision also sells sights.

Measure the rear dovetail width as they do come in two widths. Cajun Gun Works does offer a couple of other options for sights including one that is fully adjustable.

I am using cz 75 compact mags with no issues.

There are many holster options, the picture I posted before was a used German police 229 holster that I paid 10 bucks for at a gun show. Works very well.

A couple of rounds of polishing along with some new springs will provide the same results as with a CZ or Tanfo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What are your options for sights? Sources?

Small frame or large? Does it take readily available CZ or Tanfo mags?

Fit a standard CZ model's holster?

(Tristar P120) I love the stock 3 dots. It takes standard cz 75 mags. It comes with 2 mecgar cz 75 & +2 baseplates (19 rounds) I also use sarsilmaz 17 rounders. And I used an m&p holster in the vid. Retention didn't work, so it's just a gun bucket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

The Witness steel is a great pistol but as many have said, the sights are lacking. I added the (expensive) LPA rear adjustable sight to my .45 ACP version, which helped me shoot more accurately.

The LPA sight is good but I think you can get Williams Firesights for it. They are excellent all metal adjustable sights, reasonably priced and you get both front and rear.

Happy Independence Day

Test Picture.JPG

Edited by SCPistolero
punctuation

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I'm not personally afraid of swapping out Dawson's in a Novak cut for their "perfect impact" guarantee. I'd rather have fixed sights on my Stock 3 honestly. Never break.

I put the fixed sights from Henning on my Match.  Simple, trouble free. I'd put the same on my production S2 if it were offered. 

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting the TriStar p120. Its grip is slightly larger than an spo1, which is great for my large hands. All new Springs from cgw are coming on Friday. Boy, are they needed! The DA pull is ridiculous. I guess I really ought to shoot thing before I change out all the springs just to see that it functions. I put a pencil in the barrel to see how hard the striker would hit it. The pencil only goes up an inch and a half with the pistol vertical. Which is a little concerning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk