Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AIM Lightweight BCG input?

Rescue1

So I'm looking to pick up a lightweight big from AIM. Has anyone used one of these? They have the nitride, NiB, and titanium. I have heard the NiB flakes so I'm looking at either the nitride or the titanium. 

Edited by Rescue1
Spelling

There's a thread on this from a few months back. Everyone that has one say they have no problems with them. I have an Aim and a JP, the JP is nicer but cost 3 times as much as the AIM. I would say buy the nitride one and you'll be fine.

I have a nitride and a NiB. They both have worked great. The quality is not great, as one can imagine from the price.

The NiB is flaking off badly, but it doesn't seem to affect performance.

Personally I would get the nitride one. For the money these are a great option, imo.

Take a look at the Rubber City Armory lightweight carriers, they are top notch.  I have a couple JP's, an AIM, a titanium RCA, and had a Iron City.  The JP are the gold standard, and the RCA is just as nice.  I took a chance on the RCA and was surprised at how perfect the machining and finish was.

4 hours ago, CharlieD said:

Take a look at the Rubber City Armory lightweight carriers, they are top notch.  I have a couple JP's, an AIM, a titanium RCA, and had a Iron City.  The JP are the gold standard, and the RCA is just as nice.  I took a chance on the RCA and was surprised at how perfect the machining and finish was.

Quoted because it's a useful post I will reference later.