Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sw 625

standles

All:

Wanted to get your suggestions on mods for my stock std 625. It is bascially brand new as I am just getting started into revolver competition. I chose the 625 so I could use the same ammo as I use in my autos with moonclips and use autorim otherwise.

I basically purchased it to play in IDPA/USPSA so you have an idea of what its life of servitude will be limited to. I have seen the glowing reviews for trigger work from Randy Lee (Apex) so I assume that is a given. Any other mods you would suggest for the aforementioned uses?

thanks, Steven

The biggest change I saw was when I moved to reduced power hammer and trigger return springs. You'll have to use Federal primers exclusively for reliable function, but you will be amazed at the improvement you can make on your own with those simple parts.

Get your moon clips from Ranch Products. I think they run about .25 or .50 a piece when you order direct. They also have the removal tools and Steve is a great guy.

Here's a good load for you, 3.0 of Bullseye. No noticable recoil and it will group like a champion. OR at least it has out of every 25 or 625 I've ever owned.

I just got my backup gun back from Randy. 4.0 lbs trigger. Tested it last night at Rio and had no failures to fire using federal primers. Now I'll shoot that one Limited and my other Open. Randy does the best work I've seen. I took a picture of the group using Apex at the IRC this weekend. Including the photographer there were 35 people out of 148 there that had Randy's trigger jobs. And he picked up a lot of guns at the match too.

Hello Standles,

have a look on this 625 "pimped" by a german gunsmith (attachment)

he added a special thumblatch, did a solarise grinding on hammer and trigger, a trigger-job ...... and so on...

you can find him on Merkle-Tuning

He´s a Revo-Nut, producing finest Revolvers...

best regards from good old germany,

Sascha

post-6018-1118867023_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the tips/suggestions. I will probably do as first suggested and spend some time/dollars getting the moon clips, demooner.remooner, etc .etc. and buring some ammo on the range. Next step would be to do a trigger job and most likely replace the factory sights.

After the first range trip... Man is that trigger different from my 1911's LOL!

Thanks again , Steven