Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For S&G's I decided to try my 16" PCC at longer ranges.  I already had a Vortex 1 x 4 Viper PST on the carbine so I figured I could use "come ups" to get on target.   I ran my 124 gr bullet @ 1250 fps on APPLIED BALLISTICS app on my android and came up with 5.4 mils at 200 yards.   It hit with boring regularity and actually put them all into a 5 inch group.   I only used a front rest so it would probably do better with a better position.   Not satisfied I had found the max possible range I went out to 230, 275, 300 and finally 350.  The ballistic app was spot on and at 14.5 mils I hit the 350 yard 12" plate 3 out of 5 times.   I have up to 450 yards but the last 100 yards is in the trees and I figure the trajectory arc will put the bullet in the branches.  The come up at 450 is 22 mils.

Got a little light left.... I'll go out and try it anyway....

update:   DID IT!  3rd shot on a 24" round Hang Fast Target.   Very satisfying DING!

I'm out of range now ... 450 is max for me at the moment.    So how far will it go?

Edited by vinconco
update

400 yes aiming at the top of the treeline with 147 gr and a 5" pistol. I have only gone to 200 with factory ammo. Hold just above plate with 2 moa dot. Hope to take it to 500 with my horus talon this weekend.