Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Co-witnessing DeltaPoint Pro on G34 MOS

ShootEm

I'd like to hear about people's experience co-witnessing sights on a Glock 34 MOS with a DeltaPoint Pro.   Are you using Dawson Precision Co-Witness sights?   How well does it work?

I shot my first match with a red dot today.   My eye kept going to my original red fiber optic front sight, so I removed it mid-match and started wondering about getting co-witness sights.   I know the open guys don't bother.

Are the Dawson's tall enough? I know the deltapoint sits to high to cowitness with most suppressor sights.

I know ameriglo makes blacked out ones that sit just high enough to cowitness over the body of the optic.

59 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

If it's a dedicated carry Optics competition gun?

Pull the sights off.

Done.

I guess that's my question - to co-witness or not.   I know there are differing opinions on this.   Making the recent transition from iron sights to carry optic, I was wondering if co-witness sights would help me.   I'm sure down the road it won't matter.

I actually emailed Dawson today and they said they do make co-witness sights for the DeltaPoint Pro.

Quote from Dawson:  "You will want the RTS/STS Glock sights with a .495 tall rear and .485 tall front, for the delta point."

3 hours ago, ShootEm said:

I guess that's my question - to co-witness or not.   I know there are differing opinions on this.   Making the recent transition from iron sights to carry optic, I was wondering if co-witness sights would help me.   I'm sure down the road it won't matter.

I think your original post kind of answered it for you. I think the co-witness sights are just going to distract more than the lower ones did.

Dawson makes 2 versions of the MOS sights theres one for trijicon/vortex that are .395 tall, the delta point sights are slightly higher I think .410. I have the .395 still deciding on an optic, leaning towards the rmr. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 7:22 PM, 9x45 said:

Don't really understand this whole co-witness thing. Been running Open Division for 30 years without it...

I just got a P320 RX which is already co-witnessed, and I'm starting to wonder the same thing.   I'm trying to shoot at the dot, not the front sight, which is blurry anyway with my monovision.   However, I can see the argument of having it as a backup should the optic fail, especially on a slide-mounted optic where co-witnessing a sight isn't always a hassle.

Just by coincidence, I milled a G35 slide for a JPoint dot and it has a notch in the rear which lines up with my front sight. However, I have never once, ever, actually used it.  Today's dots a very reliable, just change the battery once in a while.