Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weird day with my PCC.

Hello: I decided to go to the range to sight in my 2 PCC's to make them the same. I found that my Quarter Circle 10 Glock lower was shooting 3" to the right. A quick adjustment of the C-More and it was good. Now to sight in my Quarter Circle 10 Colt lower with a new upper. Guess what it was right on. Great so now to try some shots at different distances. I load up my two 10 round ASC mags and and sight in at 3,7,10,15,18 and 25 yards. In between 15 and 18 I hear a pop sound. That's weird, the gun was still working so I shot the 18 yard target. I then pickup the next mag and it won't go into the magwell. What's going on here and it's starting to rain--crap. I go under the covered part of the range to see what is going on while the rain is coming down. I turn the magazine around and notice something-dah, dah, daaah. The mag split at the back where the weld is. I have a message in to ASC to see what they say. Other than the cracked mag the 10 round mags have worked great even locking the bolt back 100% of the time just like the Metalform mags. I guess I will see what they say. Anyone else have some weird PCC story to share? Thanks, Eric

IMG_0853.JPG

My ATI (NFA clone) keeps losing firing pin tips. First time I heard it hit the wall in the garage while dry firing, zero live rounds through gun. Second time at match, stage 1, never got a shot off. I replaced it and they let me reshoot. Got an e mail to ATI, they say they're researching it. We shall see. They did send me a new firing pin the first time. I also had a CMMG pin to make the second repair. Got 3 spare CMMG pins on order from 9mmar.com. Kind of annoying. Bob burs in FP tunnel, no issues with fit, the pin drops in and moves without issue. It appears that as the pin strikes the end of its tunnel the impact is causing an issue. 

Not magazine related, but just as I was approaching 2000 rds fired without incident, I did a double tap on a metric target at about 5 yards.  The first round goes bang, then the second round also goes bang but sounded a bit different. And a small cloud of blue smoke puffs out of the ejection port.

I'm in the middle of a stage and it don't really sink in.  So I go to the next array.  The first round fired turns into an extremely fast triple tap (all on target).  Again, my brain is disengaged so i move to the next target and all goes well.

We did not find a strange piece of brass from the "puff" incident and I after the stage I hit the insides of the lower with a burst of air to clean it out.

Now over 250 rounds later it has not repeated.

Bill

7 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Not magazine related, but just as I was approaching 2000 rds fired without incident, I did a double tap on a metric target at about 5 yards.  The first round goes bang, then the second round also goes bang but sounded a bit different. And a small cloud of blue smoke puffs out of the ejection port.

I'm in the middle of a stage and it don't really sink in.  So I go to the next array.  The first round fired turns into an extremely fast triple tap (all on target).  Again, my brain is disengaged so i move to the next target and all goes well.

We did not find a strange piece of brass from the "puff" incident and I after the stage I hit the insides of the lower with a burst of air to clean it out.

Now over 250 rounds later it has not repeated.

Bill

Sounds like it might have fired out of battery.

Hello: Another weird one tonight. I had a mag feeding problem with one of my big sticks. Double feed that turned into a real mess in a hurry. Cleared the rounds out and kept on shooting then I realized I needed to reload on the clock. Nailed the reload like a Boss with the 20 round mag with the TTI Glock base pad. I do like how the Colt lower reloads. Maybe it was the way the earth was tilted today but tomorrow should be better. Thanks, Eric

My main PCC is a Bazooka Brothers AR45 that uses Grease Gun mags, which if anyone has seen them are 2 feet long and weigh 11 pounds each.  Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but you try to keep your pants up with 90 rounds of 230 ball on your belt...  The point is that reloading is kind of like grabbing a 2x4 from the belt.  

Up at the WIIT in Rockford earlier this year, I performed a reload and kicked the empty mag hard enough with my shin to draw blood through my pants AND dent the front of the mag badly enough that it won't feed.  Grease gun mags are pretty sturdy, and I would have bet that my entire squad could have stomped the mag with no ill effects...but its busticated now...

Night before last, I discovered that fully loaded ETS 30 rounders swell enough to make inserting in a PCC problematic.  In a regular Glock, they are just snug, like the old non-FML mags, but in my PCC,..well I still have a red mark on my palm 2 days later...

Since I started shooting PCC, I have killed 3 red dots and a mount so far.  The funny part is my $19 Amazon red dot is still going strong.  I just picked up a Vortex SPARC AR and we will see how well it does...