Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone actual LIKE shooting 10 mm competitively?

ShootEm

There was a nice article online with photos of the bad things that can and do happen when you shoot 40 in a 10, but I see now the site is no more. 

To me...  it seems like you're wasting a perfectly good excuse to buy another pistol. :D

If not, buy a 40S&W barrel for it. 

I realize we are talking 1911 here, but I fire more .40S&W in my Glock 20 than I do 10mm. Not even a barrel swap and I even have a heavy weight recoil spring in it (still cycles everything from light .40 to full-house 10's). Yes, it puts stress on your extractor, so if you're really worried about that, keep a spare around. This works for me through a few thousand rounds so far.

I believe that Glock did some engineering to make that an option (just shoot 40 in the same barrel). I wouldn't recommend it with any gun, but certainly not in a 2000+ competition gun. Just easier to get a 40 sw barrel and shoot without worrying about wear and tear

If I remember right, the 10mm and 40 S&W are both straight line cases, and head space on the cartridge mouth.

If you shoot 40 S&W in a 10mm barrel then it's not head spaced correctly and can cause problems.