Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has tuned their JP buffer

Hello: I tried Max's setup with a loaner spring and did not like the feel of it. It just felt kinda weird to me and some others that tried it. The spring was not the exact one Max was using but was pretty close. I didn't like the short stroke and the double spring action. It maybe worth a try if you have any doubt about your current setup. Thanks, Eric

I got the chance to play with mine some today and I came to the following conclusions:

I started with the Black (85%) JP spring and I could feel a little more "hit" at the end of the buffer/BCG travel than what I wanted.  It was very shootable and fast, but I could feel a little tap.

I changed to the Green (90%) JP spring and that was perfect for me.  Fast, soft and flat. 

I need to mention that my results are with (4) tungsten weights and WWB 115grs.  Loading light for the PCC would likely put you back to the Black or even the White spring (80%)

I also need to mention that my set-up may be different than others.  In the picture above, they have achieved significant pre-load by having the recoil spring end at the bump pad.  My configuration has the recoil spring traveling within the   "bump" spring so that there is no preload on the recoil spring.  That could also account for why they prefer a lighter recoil spring than what was right for me.  

Yes, after trying all the different weights/223 springs etc.,  I found the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer with JP 308 rifle spring and wave spring (M11) was much better than the SCS, at least for me and my load. 

Edited by 10cup