Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I was just watching something on Spike TV, they claim that you need a shotgun and a mullet to properly play this game. Basically it is bowling, but with a shotgun. Set up 10 pins as you would at a bowling alley, and try to knock as many down as possible utilizing a shotgun, at 50 yards, and the shot size deemed most effective is buckshot. Wow, I just KNEW I had a use for that full choke in my safe. Modified might not even cut it. You get 2 shots per frame unless you get a strike, just like the real thing. Scoring is the same as regular Bowling.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vince

Man.. now you're making it hard to say "I won't be there". :D If the talk is Reno, I'm more than certain to go.. And if this is a true side match, I'll start loading up the buckshot :)

Vince

We do fun shotgun matches from time to time.  I think we'll have to try this.  I don't have a table like that I'd be willing to have shot up though.

Ted

Think hay bales and a plywood top with the dots that you'd set up the pins to the same places on it so that everyone gets a fair shake.

I think that'd work pretty well. You could also just build something. 4x4 legs, plywood top, etc. Cheap and easy to build, don't care if someone blasts it. Realize that you are 50 yards away, chances of getting a full pattern blast even with a full choke and there will still be spread. Even with 00's.

Vince

i still like "stake" shoots...sawing a 4x4 in 1/2 is fun...great team event for 3gun side match-especially with buck or slugs...i have video somewhere of a group of guys doing this to a lawnmower! :lol:

We did that at our last shotgun match to 2x4's.

Curiously enough no one could do it with less than 3 shots of buckshot, but one guy did it with one hit of #6 shot.

Ted

We did the same thing shooting in teams of two with pistols. I loaded some hot 40 cal 155 HP ammo. Unfortunately I was matched up with someone who had constant gun jams. Oh well.

Vince