Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who from the forum is going to Ironman?

We're heading to Idaho Tuesday Night.

We're bringing $10,000 in prizes, as well as prizes donated by Spec Ops Brand, Defense Solutions Group, and Falcon Industries.

We're also bring a 9mm subgun, and a .45 ACP CAV-15 (uses grease gun magazines) that will be used on one of the stages.

Looking forward to shooting the match and seeing everyone there.

Four of us from Salt Lake will be heading up Wednesday morning. We should be there about 3:00pm. Look the stages over, get some food, try to sleep, Ha. Start shooting Thursday morn.

See you there.

Scott peterson

We are also headed up on tuesday morning looking forward to another great shoot. Have to swing through Souther Utah and pick up my brother in law then straight up the freeway. Cant wait like a little kid at Christmas!

Cody

Who from the forum is going to Ironman?

We're heading to Idaho Tuesday Night.

We're bringing $10,000 in prizes, as well as prizes donated by Spec Ops Brand, Defense Solutions Group, and Falcon Industries.

We're also bring a 9mm subgun, and a .45 ACP CAV-15 (uses grease gun magazines) that will be used on one of the stages.

Looking forward to shooting the match and seeing everyone there.

i would absolutely love to see some stage descriptions...if you have time to scan/post, that would be great!

Anyone know how late these last, in the evening?  I was thinking about running over and see how things were going after work, but not sure if there will be anything going on.

So, I have never been to one of these. I get off work at 5, and can probably get there by 6pm. Think there will still be shooting going on? I would like to watch, and my wife is off work today... so it is the best day for me to spend some time watching. :-)

What can I say about a match where you shoot close to 750 rds of rifle, 500 rds of pistol, 300 rds of birdshot, 50 slugs, 50 buckshot, 32 rds of 9mm thru a machine gun, 18 rds of 45 thru a loaner carbine, climbing a 20 tower and engaging targets at 100-200-230 yds, driving a golf cart as fast as you possibly can by going forward 90 yards shooting clays and return backwards shooting handgun, at least 5 rds at 675 yds with a long rifle, and at least another 5 rds on a flash target at 550 yds. !!!?!!! Priceless!

So far so good. Our squad #2 started by shooting 4 stages yesterday and finished today with another 4 under our belts. The day began around 0530 and will end tonight around 2300 after cleaning guns. Shooting begins each day at 0700. Climate conditions have been changing between really cool in the morning to windy, breezy, and hot in the mid-afternoon with very little humidity. One hell of a dust storm ripped thru the match mid-afternoon today. It would have sucked to be shooting at that time! Every gun was on the rack when it happened. Took all of my guns back to the car and cleaned them before running the next stage...its that fine dust that only Idaho has! Reno may come in a close second.

Each stage is like shooting an entire match. On the body you take at least 30+ or so rounds of shotgun, 100 pistol, and 100 more rifle. We had guys with tight guns just freeze up, another gun is ran out so they can continue the stage, people reloading pistol mags, loaning rifle mags, even running extra shotgun shells out to the shooters if they find themselves running out of ammo with target left.

My hat goes off to the guys shooting trooper class. They are carrying everything for the entire match on their backs except when they are on a stage. The Cav. Arms guys were telling me their backpacks weighed over 90 pounds...true ironmen!

sw

Congrats goes to Matt B., Dave N., and Daniel H.. It was a pleasure watching and getting to shoot with these guys as well as the rest of the gang that turned out for a 3 day endurance test!

Mike Gibson and gang did one hell of a great job. Give your support to MGM anytime you get a chance. His steel targets are superior.

Awesome match!

sw

Thanks to Miike and Staff for a great match! I had a great time and shot as well as I could have hoped except for my match dufosity of forgetting to to put a sling on my rifle on the tower stage and I didn't get to climb the tower. Had to hoof it to the baricade and take the penalty

High point of the match was watching Sterling White on the golf cart stage. He had that sucker going full speed in reverse and then stomped on the brake when he got back to the line. The front tires came a good 18 inches off the ground since the RO was standing on the rear. The RO was flung/thrown off the back arms akimbo so hard his watch was flung into the burm.

Second funny moment was watching Sterling fall asleep at the hotel. He had been cleaning his pistol laying on his back in the room. He said "Stew, I'm fading...."I look over and he had fallen asleep on his back pistol pointed strait up into the air balanced on his elbow. He stayed like that a good two minutes.

Here is my round count for the match:

466- 223 Rifle

529- 40cal Pistol

39- 00 Buckshot

62- Slugs

35- Birdshot Spreaders

163- Birdshot

20- 308 Long Range Rifle

35- 9mm from the full auto

20- 45ACP from the CAV-15

That is 1369 shots fired.

For me that was the most fun shooting I have had. I hope Mike G. does it again.

Scott Peterson

Nice pics! I like the one where Mark is standing behind the bench on stage 1 (Rocky's stage) with all the empty shotgun cases on the ground.....lol! It made me laugh when I saw that photo because of the way Rocky helps you get thru the monster stage. Hell, the entire RO staff was excellent. Got tickled on the pickup stage. Had Mike as the RO in the back of the truck. I stuffed extra pistol mags, rifle mags, and extra slug rounds into his pockets....lol! He got to laughing and asked if I thought the extra ammo might be needed? Duh :P The stage turned into a hose fest....asked Mike several times for directions - go here go there...everything shot I asked....dunno but think so! It wasn't quite that bad (well maybe) but it was one hell of good stage. :D And the 4 drop turners that did their thing all at once with one steel....damn - I neutralized three and manage a C hit on the fourth.

Thanks Stew for letting the whole world know about my driving and sleeping skills...lol :P