Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limpro with factory loads

Joeyxbat

First I would pick your factory load, IE 124 or 147 maybe even pick a manufacturer and specific ammo offering. then, I would just get the trigger (hammer spring) tuned the way you want, then start testing for appropriate recoil spring. There are plenty of explanations on here and youtube how to do that. Its the same process for all guns. Must of us like a 8-9 lb recoil spring for hand loads, so I would think for factory loadings you would end up with something like a 10 or 11 lb recoil spring. Good luck!

Make sure the barrel is chambered correctly before you start lowering hammer spring weight. 

Polish everything and then drop in a 10lbs recoil spring. I've shot several thousand rounds of factory ammo like that through my stock2s before I started fiddle dicking with them

Edited by ryridesmotox

4 hours ago, EngineerEli said:

First I would pick your factory load, IE 124 or 147 maybe even pick a manufacturer and specific ammo offering. then, I would just get the trigger (hammer spring) tuned the way you want, then start testing for appropriate recoil spring. There are plenty of explanations on here and youtube how to do that. Its the same process for all guns. Must of us like a 8-9 lb recoil spring for hand loads, so I would think for factory loadings you would end up with something like a 10 or 11 lb recoil spring. Good luck!

Thanks EngineerEli, as for hammer and recoil springs which are better wolff, extreme or patriot defense? 

3 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Make sure the barrel is chambered correctly before you start lowering hammer spring weight. 

Polish everything and then drop in a 10lbs recoil spring. I've shot several thousand rounds of factory ammo like that through my stock2s before I started fiddle dicking with them

I've been shooting for a little over 6 months with my cz sp01 with cgw pro package. I haven't heard about getting barrel chambered. Is this a must to do with the limpro?  Btw, i shot the limpro at a local multigun match and i think I'm hook!

Hey! I'm here!!! LOL!

Yep, shooting factory ammo.

Mods:

Every spring save for plunger spring and FPB spring replaced (Mostly PDO stuff)

Playing with #8 and #10 recoil springs

EGD Extreme medium hammer spring (as I am running the heart hammer, and shoot the hardest primers known to man)

PDO firing pin spring

PDO trigger return spring

PDO sear spring

Extra strength Extractor spring

Firing pin (Henning and PDO)

Extended firing pin block

Bolo

Full polish job

If you want to light everything off, I suggest the Titan hammer and the PDO pin.

Might as well get those if you want to do the BOLO (recommended) as well as the BOLO fits differently on the Titan than on the Heart hammer...should drop in on the Titan, mine needed a bit of fitting with my heart hammer.

If you run something by Federal, Barnes, or Hornady, you can (reportedly) go lighter (much) on the hammer spring.

I had no trouble lighting off CCI Blazers with a PDO #13 hammer spring, but they didn't like to extract. Putting in the extra power extractor spring fixed that.

Installing the BOLO necessitated the extended firing pin block...and probably a heavier hammer spring for DA shots.

With the EGD medium hammer spring, I'm at about #6.25 DA, and #2.25 SA. The DA is VERY smooth and "feels" much lighter)

With the PDO #13 and #14 and even #15.5  I was sub #6 DA and sub #2 SA

I have been doing a fair bit of testing different firing pins. With the lighter hammer springs with the STOCK hammer, it seemed I was getting better results from the lighter Henning Firing pin. As spring weight went up, the PDO pin became virtually identical in performance (Both much better than the stock FP). With a Titan, I'd definitely run the PDO pin (and most likely will be doing that in the near future). I have one more test to run with the Henning vs. The PDO (with the Medium EGD spring).

With Perfacta (Walmart) and Agulia ammo, my set up still gets an occasional light strike in DA. CCI Blazer and Winchester White box, are 100%. Obviously, Federal and the rest I have run are 100% as well.

As mentioned, without the extra strength extractor spring, the CCI Blazer, as well as the WWB had extraction issues. With the new spring, NO issues!

Edited by IronArcher

Awesome infos here, Thank you! Currently did some polishing, trigger bar, plunger, and sides of hammer and trigger all stock. 

Installed:

Pdo reduced power trigger return spring

Pdo reduced power sear spring 

Extreme fp

Extreme fp safety

EGD fp spring

Wolff 8lbs recoil spring

Wolff hammer spring 14#

With all this I'm getting around 8lbs on DA and 3lbs on SA. I've used the Federal 115 gr from walmart and so far its good no light strike. I would like ro have lower trigger pull than what i have now without light strike or any other problems may occur. BOLO and titan hammer is on the future to get list but right fund is low. 

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add more content

8 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

I've been shooting for a little over 6 months with my cz sp01 with cgw pro package. I haven't heard about getting barrel chambered. Is this a must to do with the limpro?  Btw, i shot the limpro at a local multigun match and i think I'm hook!

You asked about a Lim Pro in your original post, not a CZ.  Do you want info on a Tanfo, or a CZ?

Tanfoglio had runs of improperly spec'd chambers.  If your chamber is short, it will cause troubles with the gun.  My gun was about 15% out of spec.  Which is a lot.  I was unable to properly plunk even 115 grain Winchester white box.  The chamber (throat/leade) being too short, caused failures to ignite.  I had about 20 failures to ignite on my first match.  Got the chamber worked out by Bevin Grams and its been fine since.  Make sure it runs with stock springs and shit first.  If you go out and start modifying everything, you will be chasing you tail with this thing. Then you can run lighter springs everywhere.  I run a 130 power factor load with a 10lbs recoil spring in my stock 2s.  I have down to 8lbs in my box of goodies and I will sometimes mess with it.  But I always go back to the 10lbs.  Mostly its how you are going to hold the gun.  I have big hands and I get a good part of my support side thumb on m the slide, the 10lbs spring helps it get into battery.  Some people grip lower, most guys run less weight in their recoil springs I think.  This is just how I have mine set up.

Ouch. 8 pounds with a wolf 14#?

Those put mine at 5# 10oz da 1# 10oz sa.

You will find additional polishing / shooting / polishing willl bring it down.

3 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

Awesome infos here, Thank you! Currently did some polishing, trigger bar, plunger, and sides of hammer and trigger all stock. 

Installed:

Pdo reduced power trigger return spring

Pdo reduced power sear spring 

Extreme fp

Extreme fp safety

EGD fp spring

Wolff 8lbs recoil spring

Wolff hammer spring 14#

With all this I'm getting around 8lbs on DA and 3lbs on SA. I've used the Federal 115 gr from walmart and so far its good no light strike. I would like ro have lower trigger pull than what i have now without light strike or any other problems may occur. BOLO and titan hammer is on the future to get list but right fund is low. 

1 hour ago, ryridesmotox said:

You asked about a Lim Pro in your original post, not a CZ.  Do you want info on a Tanfo, or a CZ?

Tanfoglio had runs of improperly spec'd chambers.  If your chamber is short, it will cause troubles with the gun.  My gun was about 15% out of spec.  Which is a lot.  I was unable to properly plunk even 115 grain Winchester white box.  The chamber (throat/leade) being too short, caused failures to ignite.  I had about 20 failures to ignite on my first match.  Got the chamber worked out by Bevin Grams and its been fine since.  Make sure it runs with stock springs and shit first.  If you go out and start modifying everything, you will be chasing you tail with this thing. Then you can run lighter springs everywhere.  I run a 130 power factor load with a 10lbs recoil spring in my stock 2s.  I have down to 8lbs in my box of goodies and I will sometimes mess with it.  But I always go back to the 10lbs.  Mostly its how you are going to hold the gun.  I have big hands and I get a good part of my support side thumb on m the slide, the 10lbs spring helps it get into battery.  Some people grip lower, most guys run less weight in their recoil springs I think.  This is just how I have mine set up.

Thank you ryridesmotox, i run about 500 rounds of Federal 115 gr. through my limpro before i started messing with it.  Right now im about 1k rounds through the barrel and so far no problem. I would guess no problem with chambering?

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

Ouch. 8 pounds with a wolf 14#?

Those put mine at 5# 10oz da 1# 10oz sa.

You will find additional polishing / shooting / polishing willl bring it down.

Johnbu, this the 2nd gun I've ever mess with in my life so i have so much to learn. Lol  

Next step will be shooting/polishing, repeat it over and over again. 

35 minutes ago, Joeyxbat said:

Thank you ryridesmotox, i run about 500 rounds of Federal 115 gr. through my limpro before i started messing with it.  Right now im about 1k rounds through the barrel and so far no problem. I would guess no problem with chambering?

Run it til it breaks or til you have problems with it.

8 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

My polishing job is nowhere close to this. 

That's most of the reason why you have an 8 pound trigger pull.

My gun is around 5.8 pounds with a 14# wolf spring, and I have one of the heavier triggers amongst the "super polished" guns around here in the Tanfo forum. My internals do look like that.

Heed that image from @ryridesmotox. Polishing helps a ton. Blue Magic, patience, and a dremel are your friends.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

10 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

Johnbu, this the 2nd gun I've ever mess with in my life so i have so much to learn. Lol  

Next step will be shooting/polishing, repeat it over and over again. 

One thing I will add to my above response... 115 gr FMJs are very forgiving in short throated chambers. If you move up to a heavier bullet or different profile, like a truncated come or hollow point, you may notice you get failures to ignite. Federal and Winchester primers are very easy to pop so you haven't had any problems. Run some wolf or so.ething equally hard like freedom munitions or LAX ammo and you will have problems, especially when you start lowering hammer spring weights 

Edited by ryridesmotox

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

That's most of the reason why you have an 8 pound trigger pull.

My gun is around 5.8 pounds with a 14# wolf spring, and I have one of the heavier triggers amongst the "super polished" guns around here in the Tanfo forum. My internals do look like that.

Heed that image from @ryridesmotox. Polishing helps a ton. Blue Magic, patience, and a dremel are your friends.

Already have all the above and will be shooting it once every weekend , take it apart, polish, and repeat. Im noob with guns and i am thankful for all the advices from you guys.

3 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

One thing I will add to my above response... 115 gr FMJs are very forgiving in short throated chambers. If you move up to a heavier bullet or different profile, like a truncated come or hollow point, you may notice you get failures to ignite. Federal and Winchester primers are very easy to pop so you haven't had any problems. Run some wolf or so.ething equally hard like freedom munitions or LAX ammo and you will have problems, especially when you start lowering hammer spring weights 

I'll try some freedom ammunition 147 gr. reman that a buddy of mine uses and see what's the outcome.  

I'm not saying to run it. In saying don't run it. If you do Run it, I would wager that failures to ignite would ensue. My gun didn't like 115gr fiocchi when I was still shooting factory ammo. Freedom uses hard primers in most of their stuff. 

Edited by ryridesmotox

I would probably shoot factory 115-124 gr. and stay safe then.  I wont be reloading any time soon. 

23 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

I'm not saying to run it. In saying don't run it. If you do Run it, I would water that failures to ignite would ensue. My gun didn't like 115gr fiocchi when I was still shooting factory ammo. Freedom uses hard primers in most of their 

Edited by Joeyxbat
Content was previously repeated.