Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modified/conditional start positions for PCC

thermobollocks

One of the start props we get to use from time to time is the Mini-Mart under-the-table cubbyhole. (Note that I'm not talking about setup of the specific classifier, just the prop that people have probably seen in that classifier)

Is it legal from a stage design/WSB perspective to tell PCC competitors to stick their rifles in the cubbyhole, and if they don't fit, allow them to place it on top of the table? Does it create an equity issue?

No equity issue.  PCC competes against others in PCC.

If the cubby hole is large enough to accept all PCC's at the match, include it as the starting position on the WSB.

If the cubby hole is not large enough, then place the carbine on top.

This reminds me of the learning curve we had in 3 gun when box magazine shotguns first came onto the scene.  It took a little time and a little creativity on the part of the MD but it all worked out in the end.

Bill

2 hours ago, thermobollocks said:

Is it legal from a stage design/WSB perspective to tell PCC competitors to stick their rifles in the cubbyhole, and if they don't fit, allow them to place it on top of the table?

Just have all PCCs on top of the table if it's not big enough to fit every PCC in the cubbyhole.

1 hour ago, Southpaw said:

Just have all PCCs on top of the table if it's not big enough to fit every PCC in the cubbyhole.

I have no idea what competitors are going to bring. It reminds me very much of the dump buckets that have trouble with 23 round Akdal mags B)

I'm not asking about whether all PCCs should go on top, but whether it's legal or a good idea to say "if your PCC fits in the cubbyhole, put it there, otherwise put it on top."

Edit: ...Now I really want to build a 3-gun rifle sized cubbyhole...

Edited by thermobollocks

3 minutes ago, thermobollocks said:

I'm not asking about whether all PCCs should go on top, but whether it's legal or a good idea to say "if your PCC fits in the cubbyhole, put it there, otherwise put it on top."

Probably not fair.    Best to make it consistent for all competitors within a division.

1 hour ago, thermobollocks said:

I have no idea what competitors are going to bring. It reminds me very much of the dump buckets that have trouble with 23 round Akdal mags B)

Edit: ...Now I really want to build a 3-gun rifle sized cubbyhole...

My point was either have all PCCs on top of the table or all of them in a cubbyhole (which then needs to be big enough for any possible PCC).  The start position should be the same for everyone within a certain division, not dependent on the size of someone's gun.  It's not fair if some PCC shooters have to start with their guns in a cubbyhole while others are allowed to lay their PCCs on top of the table which is clearly faster. 

The Mini-Mart WSB states: Shelf is 12 inches wide by 12 inches deep by 6 inches high

That's not going to accommodate any PCC I've seen, even if it's open at the back.  The barrel may pass through, but the mag will stop the receiver from being able to go into the box.  No one is going to want to balance their PCC by the barrel.  Best to require them to be on top.

34 minutes ago, OPENB said:

I thought I read that all the classifiers were being amended for the PCC start position so everyone was doing it the same. I guess that hasn't happened yet. 

The OP is thinking of using the Mini-Mart table prop with the under-mounted shelf for a non-Classifier stage.