Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with my grip on the gun

Majja

So I am moving from open to limited.  I am going to use my XDM as I can not afford to build a full blown limited gun right now.  

Any way way if I lock my wrists out while shooting the xdm I am hitting low at all distances " 2 inches at  10 yds ". If I let the gun break my wrists it is dead on.  Help please.

on my open gun I keep my wrists locked and the dot hardly moves and hits where I want it to.

thank you

Majja

3 hours ago, Majja said:

Here is some video on the range session.  I am thinking my support hand may be to low.  I just can not figure out where I am driving the shot low.  I can not see any dip in the gun.

Video of me shooting

Support hand is definitely low, but you can hold the gun any which way and still get hits as long as your sights are aligned and stay that way when you break the shot.

Your buddy in the video says "your grip didn't break at all."

On the other hand my first thought was "he's not gripping the gun with the weak hand."

Watch it again. Your gun and strong hand snap back and up in recoil. The weak hand is left behind.

Grip the gun as hard as you can with the weak hand and get it up higher. Thumb straight along the frame. This will require you to lift your strong thumb up off the gun, place your weak palm's heel where it is now, then replace the strong thumb on top of it.