Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.204 Ruger?....legal For Competition?

TRUBL

Here is an interesting question (or 2)

A. Is the .204 Ruger legal for USPSA 3 gun......I believe it can make minor...correct?

B. Is the .204 Ruger legal for tactical 3 Gun?

AND....finally if so.....Has anyone used it yet????

Yes.....always the gamer :) when you have no talent....you gotta have some edge, even if it is as dull as a butter knife

Tim

Haven't seen one used. What advantage would there be? None! big disadvantages......more expensive ammo, less gun choice, Go buy ammo and practice. It's getting old with all the how can I buy a advantage questions... you can't just get your butt out and shoot more.

LOL Chris....nice one....nice dig?

Practice is like cheating....:D

I do practice by the way......and if you roll your own.....what is substantially more expensive?

Personally, I think for USPSA there my not be any advantage as you would need to use 40 grain and can do that with .223 presently

But.....for IMGA......where there is no major/minor.....it may be a huge advantage, you could build a rifle with 'zero' recoil I would bet.

Similar but not quite the same......in He Man....I use 110 grain Hornady (yes, roll my own) and tested. at 25 yards.....with this load....A-C sone hits in 1/3 less time compared to 150 grain bullets making major. Now is this substantial?.....possibly, it is more exspensive than buying ball ammo...yes.....is it gaming? yes.....Are you buying time? yes.

I say my talent is about as sharp as a dull kniife......but I can say that (you shouldn't say that about me if you don't know me....so apology accepted....LOL). I assure you I do practice (sometimes) but I will strive to use the best equipment out there so that when I do compete....there is only one place to put the blame....somewhere between the trigger and the ground.

I think both sets of rules state .223 as min. cal.

Where do you see that? For USPSA 3-Gun, the Rifle rules don't say anything about the minimum caliber (as opposed to the pistol rules which have a minium caliber).

The IMG rules (at least as used by the SMM3G) have a minium caliber of .223/5.56

Yes.....looking at PF.....there would no advantage over .223 in USPSA as you'd have to atleast use 40 grain bullets. I did not find anything on min caliber for rifle, but it appears to be a mute point. Although....I sure liek to see that 32 grain bullet at the chrony acheive almost 5000fps!! (think people would stand back and hand the pieces of what left of your AR back to you?)

And IMGA....states .223 or larger.....so it doesn't even get out of the gate there.

Oh well......another wild hair brain idea shot in the butt :(

Now if I could only have smaller fingers to load 20 gauge effectively.......and the gear. (oops...another thread, sorry) LOL