Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 Rounds A Big Disadvantage?

greenlocust

Try as I may, I cannot shorten the follower enough in my Smith & Wesson 1006 to squeeze in 10 rounds. I'm a new production shooter and would prefer to shoot what I have for the time being. Is 9 rounds a decided disadvantage or shoot I forget about it and shoot it. The gun is a creampuff at 125 PF, reliable and as unbreakable as it gets.

don't see a huge advantage of 10+1 over 9+1

your 1006 should do nicely..

usually you see 8 rounds from a position..sometime you see combinations where you might be able to shoot 10.

definitely go shoot... :D

+1

The only time it would make a huge difference is when shooting one of those lovely 9 shot arrays of steel. I almost never make up shots on paper anyway.

Locust, I'm thinking about doing the exact same thing. I tried shortening followers too, but I couldn't make it work. I am still trying to make a 10-rd mag... switching around some baseplates, trying some +10% mag springs from Wolff...but I think I'm going to end up shooting 9+1 at least for awhile. Have you worked up a good minor load yet? I haven't really tried, and all the 10mm data is geared toward going faster, not slower. :rolleyes: I'll let you know if I can ever get a 10rd mag working, I still have a few things I want to try.

DanO