Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Funny Thing Happened At The Range

BritinUSA

My buddy then tells us that his friend (the gun's owner) likes to partially cut around the base of this shells so that when fired the front portion of the plastic will (may?) head out the barrel with the shot, to make it more deadly. Really effective...  :ph34r:

MORAL: Never assume a borrowed gun is in working order.

That's funny. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now serious question would you let the friend shoot at your range? :blink:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my good friends earned his screen name (jefftriggerlock) by going to the nationals with a trigger lock on his gun. The key was at home on the counter.

Thankfully you can pop most of those things of with a pocket knife in seconds.

I did it for a friend who showed up to shoot skeet with a lock on his scattergun and no key. Took me 15 seconds. B)

One of my good friends earned his screen name (jefftriggerlock) by going to the nationals with a trigger lock on his gun. The key was at home on the counter.

Thankfully you can pop most of those things of with a pocket knife in seconds.

I did it for a friend who showed up to shoot skeet with a lock on his scattergun and no key. Took me 15 seconds. B)

Yeah, but most kids probably would've gotten it off in 10. They'll probably be down to 5 seconds if it ever becomes a feature in Grand Theft Auto.

When I worked at an indoor range we had this group of 3-4 thugs come in. They looked at a bunch of guns, asked a ton of stupid questions and then they noticed the "Rental" gun cases where all the rental guns are displayed. They started to talk among themselves talking about how cool it would be to rent a few guns, they could have some fun for a few days and then bring them back, just like blockbuster!!

They started to talk among themselves talking about how cool it would be to rent a few guns, they could have some fun for a few days and then bring them back, just like blockbuster!!

I would say they were a bit unclear on the concept.

uhhhhh, yea, to say the least.

I also watched a guy (an IPSC shooter at that) go in the range, put a piece of inch thick plexiglass (or something close to that) up and send it out to 21 feet. Took his .45 (the guy was a good shot also) loaded with some ball ammo and shoot the plexiglass right in the center. Then we watched as his head slapped back and he started to do the "I'm a stupid ass dance". The bullet came right back at him. We were all glad he was OK, but it tooks us 45 minutes to stop laughing at him. He had the biggest damn welt on his forehead I have ever seen.