Tanfoglio Stock II - failure to feed [last round only]

reaper1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, reaper1 said:

Yesterday I participated in yet another competitions with no issues at all +-200 rounds with temperature around 0, so was pretty cold.

cold to u or to the gun?;)

i am glad it works.

yesterday i did the same but temp was 27:o

Edited by yigal

• 3 weeks later...

good thread!
I found this thread very useful, I was having FTF too and turns out my slide is pushing my 2nd round forward causing a failure to extract (brass is hitting the next round under it because it is too far forward.

Here is a quick tip for you guys looking at rounding the leading edge of the breech face, without damaging or accidentally sanding anything else:

1 Get a flat and thin (as thick as that edge) piece of wood, something like an ice cream wooden stick is perfect for this

2 Add some glue to the face of the stick (UHU stic is perfect and easy)

3 Cut a strip of sandpaper (nothing coarser than 600 grit) to fit the face of the stick

4 you just created a home made file

Using wood comes in very handy because the edges are soft and will not mark the slide so you do not have to worry about accidentally sanding other parts of the slide.

With this techinique, I polish the edge to a mirror finish using 600 grit first, then 800, then 1000 and finish with dremel and long buffing wheel. If I get around taking pics I will post one.

Hope this little tip helps someone, cheers.

• 4 weeks later...