Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SBE2 carrier stays up

ffgats

Merry Christmas 

if i cycle the action without full force ( unloaded gun)the carrier occasionally stays up, i just push it down and the action / bolt will close by itself. This doesnt do when I'm shooting or cycling the action with gusto. The SBE hasnt seen more than 100 rnds, basically new. , thanks

I had the chance to shoot the gun again the other day, now the bolt occassionally get stacked at the rear, wont go back to close. originally my problem was when cycling the bolt manually ( unloaded) the bolt or action stays open and the carrier is in the up position, I have to push down the carrier manually by the ejection port to bring the bolt forward. this happens when just cycling the action.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had mine stay up when manually cycling the action (emptying chamber from reload practice).  Have never had this occur when actually shooting the gun.  When it does happen I just push forward in the bolt forward, carrier drops and bolt closes.

Jlane, in my case, I have to push the carrier down manually via the ejection port to bring the bolt forward. Mr. Benelli has answered my inquiries, one Rep says its normal, just find it weird when a company design a shotgun that you need to push the carrier manually to close a the bolt.

Nick S, I pick up some parts at Stoeger Canada ( Benelli Distributor up North), Breech Lock Latch and Pin, Carrier Spring and Latch. also showed the SBE to the in house gunsmith, and he said not worry about as long it doesnt happen while shooting,. to make the story short nobody know what's going on.  lol

My M2 did the same thing. I could induce it by pulling the bolt to the rear an delaying returning forward slightly thus activating the lifter. Bolt would lock to rear. Initially it did not do it under livef ire then suddenly the bolt began to lock back after firing several rounds.

A very knowledgable Benelli forum member advised to change out the carrier spring. It fixed the issue.

Good luck.