Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Stage Design

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bring the front charge line to the back side of the vision barrier walls. That will force more movement left/right or right left instead of moving into the front center. But that is my 2 cents. I like it a lot. May run it at clear creek later in June if that is OK with you Nick. I am always looking for a good stage to steel. B)

Nick:

I tossed together a couple of diagrams just to let you know where I was coming from. I didn't get them uploaded until this morning so it's a little late considering you have already tweaked your stage. I used the same targets in a similar array as your initial design.

Double tap here for a couple of thoughts.

For clubs with limited props they could toss down a couple of boxes with a charge line bewteen them to test leaving, shooting on the move, and setting up at a position. Boxes and a charge line would be a proper implementation of the freestyle exclusion for level one matches (had to say that for flex).

Edited by Flexmoney

I would bring the front charge line to the back side of the vision barrier walls.  That will force more movement left/right or right left instead of moving into the front center. 

Another good catch. Any time a shooter has the option (in this case, likelyhood) of going into a forward position, then coming back out...there is a strong chance of breaking the 180. Bringing the fault lines back takes most of that out, but doesn't change the shooting challenge much.

Good eye, Tman.

Thanks for the examples Ron

I went ahead and moved the center fault line back, I think its better :)

http://www.ohiouspsa.com/test_stage_3.pdf

Mikey likey. One step to the right, shoot the three on the right (right to left, but left to right would probably work, too), come across to the third target from the left in the middle array and shoot that one and the ones on the right while coming across to the last position for the last 5 targets.

Another thought to consider is to delete Box A and make the start position, standing within the fault lines. That often makes a unique twist on a stage and usually works very well with a fairly square shooting area.

• 4 weeks later...

This was my last stage of the day. As the RO was saying, "if you are finished..." I noticed that I forgot one target. I slapped the mag back in and cranked off 2 more rounds. "NOW, If you are finished..." It was kind of funny.

Nice job on the stage design.

Great job Nick. It is a lot more than it seemed to be. On paper it was a simple, go here, shoot, go there, shoot, yada, yada, yada. When you looked at it set up it was more complex. Hi cap shot it one way, production and Lim 10 shot it one way, and revolver shot it another way. I saw flex and Steve A go through it half a dozen times, and they still didn't know how they were going to shoot it 'till the buzzer went off.

I saw flex and Steve A go through it half a dozen times, and they still didn't know how they were going to shoot it 'till the buzzer went off.

I can't figure out how Nick designed it so that my Glock would jam...and, Steve would doubt that he got his mag seated properly. :unsure:

:)

Set it up and shot it in Colorado today. Nice stage. Probably not set up exactly the same here as in Ohio, but was still a fun stage. We used Classic instead of Metric for an additional twist.

Nice Job Nick.

Flex and I found we could eliminate the middle portion, then we discovered we could eliminate a standing reload (prod) on the right by shooting on the move on the first three targets.

If you really want a shooter to use all positions of a stage, just stick 1 target in each position that absolutely cannot be seen from anywhere else.

In this case, a hardcover target with just the head showing would have been an excellent test if it were place fairly close, dead center of the stage.

Shoot it on the move? Set up for it? That would have had us thinking...

Good, fun stage. I really enjoyed it.

SA

I like it, can I use it (with proper accredidation, of course).

So, here is a question. What is the etiquite of using stages you see posted, or in a match at a distant club - or variations? Is this OK with proper accredidation, or don't do it?

Dennis

I like it, can I use it (with proper accredidation, of course).

So, here is a question.  What is the etiquite of using stages you see posted, or in a match at a distant club - or variations?  Is this OK with proper accredidation, or don't do it?

Dennis

By all means, if you want to use my stage, please do.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the stage... :D

As promissed, we set up Nick's stage at our June match. On paper it seemed like a pretty streight forward stage. That is until you shot it. There was a dozen different ways to shoot it. Got some pics on the web site, check it out http://www.ohiouspsa.com/photo_gallery/mrp . The guy with the stupid look on his face and the hidden belt buckle with the timer is me.