Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Question

Ted Murphy

Hello,

Looking over CZ's web page I see theyhave the CZ75SA (single action) and the regular CZ75 which is DA or SA (if I read the page right)

I was wondering if the lack of DA funciton in the CZ75SA makes for a better out of the box trigger pull or otherwise has advantages for someone wanting to shoot it cocked and locked anyway.

Thank you,

Ted

not sure of out of the box...but I think the main advantage is how you can get the trigger to feel..

with the SA trigger you can adjust takeup and overtravel to tighter tolerances..with the DA/SA trigger you still have a lot of trigger movement from the DA function.

The SA trigger is a lot straighter whereas the DA /SA trigger has the usual curved trigger..

when I shot a P9 ( CZ clone ) my gunsmith easily got a 2# trigger with SA parts

Ted,

Yes the SA usually has a better trigger out of the box, and it can be made better than the other with some work. My favorite IDPA gun is the SA in 9mm for ESP. You won't believe how soft and flat that thing shoots. Let me know if you want one stock or want one with some work done to it.

Thank you for the info.

I'm wanting an esp gun but am still doing the "1911 vs. CZ" thing in my head.

The gun would be mostly for ESP but I do shoot USPSA once a month and the one advantage of a 9mm 1911 would be I could just grab my .45 1911 for L-10 without changing leather or having a slightly different gun to use.

Though the way bullets are costing I'm thinking 9mm for everything right now.

Ted

doing the "1911 vs. CZ" thing in my head. 

Im with you on this one. Im a Glock shooter, and I want to dabble in L10 division in USPSA. I have always loved single stack 1911's, but now that I have been turned on to the CZ75 I am having doubts on which to get to start some L10 action.

I had Brian from Experimental Machining do one up for me. He should have the plans for it still, but tell him to reduce the head diameter by .002". I went a little too big on my measurements. With that change it should be a drop in piece.

• 2 months later...

This thread seems as good as any to mention I recieved a CZ 75 SA 9mm with sights, action and trigger work done by Matt Mink. I have shot it at a couple of steel matches so far and practiced very little with it, call it 500 to 600 rounds total. The gun is awesome. Runs like a sewing machine, great sights and everyones eyes get bigger when I suggest they check out that trigger. On the down side it does not seem to like S&B ammo. Switched to WW Valuepack from Wally World and it is a happy shooter. I need an IDPA holster and mag pouches for it and we will see how it does as an ESP gun.

Thanks Matt! B)

Another advantage of the SA or factory single action 75s is that they come with a wider, competition style, ambidextrous safeties for those weak hand only stages.

THe regular 75B can be converted to SA, as can the 97B, but the conversions I have done did not yeild as fine a trigger as a factory SA gun; the parts are not identical. Conversion simply involves installing a new trigger in a 75B.

My home converted (to SA only)75B has a nicer trigger than my factory SA only CZ.

I gave them both the same basic trigger job.

Maybe it's becasue the convert pistol has 25K more rounds through it and it's just smoother out better.

out of the box, untouched, the SA is superior.

The frame on the SA has a nicer beavertail and the ambi safety, reason enough in my book to pick it over the regular 75