Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Rail Wear

bigtimelarry

Looks normal, but I think it looks more copper colored than pink. Is this Glock a newer made one than your others that don't have this wear? From what I've seen only newer made Glocks do this while older ones don't show this kind of wear.

On mine at least it got wear like this pretty fast, and then it didn't get any worse.  From what I've seen pretty much all newer made Glocks (at least since around the time the Gen 4 came out) do this and I haven't heard of any frame rails breaking on these.

In order to nickel plate steel you must first plate it with copper and that is the pink color you are seeing. It's the layer just below the nickel layer. Is it normal, NO! I had a 27 that did that with only a couple huddled rounds. Glock would not do anything about it so I traded it off. None of my other Glocks have exhibited this same wear.

4 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

In order to nickel plate steel you must first plate it with copper and that is the pink color you are seeing. It's the layer just below the nickel layer. Is it normal, NO! I had a 27 that did that with only a couple huddled rounds. Glock would not do anything about it so I traded it off. None of my other Glocks have exhibited this same wear.

So is it bad, or just some Glocks do it and some dont. Should I sell it ?