Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open Gun

Kingman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beautiful blaster Kingman!   To be honest, the "new style" they are building looks wise is horrendous with the slide cuts some of them have with the awkward compensator style.  Your custom slide cuts match that compensator/long dustcover perfectly and it looks awesome. 

The real question, how does it balance for you with the added weight out front? I've moved all my weight to the grip area. 

5 hours ago, ScottieShootz said:

beautiful blaster Kingman!   To be honest, the "new style" they are building looks wise is horrendous with the slide cuts some of them have with the awkward compensator style.  Your custom slide cuts match that compensator/long dustcover perfectly and it looks awesome. 

The real question, how does it balance for you with the added weight out front? I've moved all my weight to the grip area. 

I Hated the long dust cover look when I started my build but I ended up going with it because it's different and worst case I'll have it cut back later if I really hate it. (I don't think it's going to make a huge difference with it that long vs cut to where the slide ends) 

To the op, looking back I wonder why you're so special I started my build 2 weeks before you?..? I'll start another one of these threads when mine comes in.  

Edited by Shmella

13 hours ago, Shmella said:

I Hated the long dust cover look when I started my build but I ended up going with it because it's different and worst case I'll have it cut back later if I really hate it. (I don't think it's going to make a huge difference with it that long vs cut to where the slide ends) 

To the op, looking back I wonder why you're so special I started my build 2 weeks before you?..? I'll start another one of these threads when mine comes in.  

I dunno, they have been getting a lot of holsters from me as well.  I have shipped them 8 so far and have another batch heading to them this coming week.  

I wasn't sure about the balance at first, but just picking it up at the store it felt really good.  I'll have it out thursday night for a run. 

I did have a chance myself to shoot one of their builds before putting a deposit down on mine and it felt really balanced. Definitely did not feel front heavy and although I only had a few moments to feel it and shoot only a few rounds through it, i do not think the long DC will be a disadvantage by any means.

Ok, update on the new open gun.

It came out of MD 7 day jail today.  I took it to the Machine Gun Nest in Frederick to shoot their weekly match.  

So no rounds through it except for the test firing.  I walk into the match and fire 3 shots to check the sights, I adjust the sight a hair to the right and low and behold 3 more shots and go ahead and shoot the match.  

So the first stage I load and make ready and proceed to shoot the match.  The gun runs like a raped ape.  Everything worked just perfect as expected.  I used some tuned SVI mags that I had from a previous gun with new springs in them.  Out of the 100 round indoor match I had 0 jams, 0 anything that was odd.  

I also have to say the added front weight along with their comp and barrel ports is super flat, and soft.  My last open gun was an SVI, it was very flat, but harsh in the hand.  This gun is every bit as flat, but much softer in the hand.  

I have some videos I will post later. 

2 hours ago, Gman57 said:

Glad to hear that everything is flawless and you're making me jealous because I am on the waiting list.... but I know ADAM will take care of me.

Again congrats!

There's a waiting list?  How long, for Open guns?  

What's the cost?

So what is it called? Does it have a name?
Or when someone asks, you just call it an Atlas Custom?
Did it start as something else and they customized it? Or what?
Hope these aren't stupid questions. I'm just not familiar with this company and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope these aren't stupid questions. I'm just not familiar with this company and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Yea good questions...

I saw their working a little today on Instagram. I figured I'd call shortly after Christmas once they're back working full time...

I know they do full customs, they have a steel grip mid length starting at 43-4500... one of their more recent posts on Facebook said it was closer to 5. Thinking of just asking for "one like in that photo". Haha

5 hours ago, Scooter567 said:

I have no name for it. But it does deserve one I guess. 

It is a full build from them. It's on an STI frame and they built it from the ground up. 

They will have their own frames shortly. Currently they are using Phoenix Trinity and STI for now. 

A gun exactly like this would be 5200. It has a custom spec slide milling which was amazing. They sent me online CAD images as they were designing. It also is stroked and has the titanium comp. 

they will have a "standard" open gun that will price out just below 5k ready to rock. 

Nice, I really like the cuts in the slide.
A couple of local guys picked up Atlas's at the end of last year and I have heard nothing but good things about the work they are doing. Definitely looking at getting one in the future.

6 hours ago, Majority1775 said:

Smooth shooting rig...did you make your own holster? :-)

nah, I don't run kydex for open.  I was using a limcat, had some binding issues on the PT grip.  Just got an alpha X this week.  It is very nice. 

I will weigh it shortly.