Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain 3 gun Association match

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are well on our way, and the entries are begining to come in fast and furious. So far people from Colorado, Arizona, California, Wyoming, New Mexico, Florida, and Loiusiana have put in. We have pretty much firmed up our stages and have most of our match staff ready to go.     KURT

• 3 weeks later...

To clear up some frequent questions. In HE MAN class you must shoot a .45 caliber pistol WITH NO MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS IN THE MAGAZINE!!!

Also although it SHOULD be pump action only, since about 60% of the class so far has only semi auto shotguns, semi auto IS allowed. THIS IS AN IRON SIGHT CLASS ONLY!!!!!! Thanks KURT

To clear up some frequent questions. In HE MAN class you must shoot a .45 caliber pistol WITH NO MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS IN THE MAGAZINE!!!

Also although it SHOULD be pump action only, since about 60% of the class so far has only semi auto shotguns, semi auto IS allowed. THIS IS AN IRON SIGHT CLASS ONLY!!!!!! Thanks KURT

Scott:

150 rifle

125 shot for shotgun

20 slugs for shotgun

150 pistol

These amounts should get one through the match just fine. As for stages expect a low light / no light shoot situation with a flash light supplied by Surefire. Expect 400 yd rifle targets, but not tooo many. Slugs out to 85 yds seem likely. Expect to shoot all 3 guns from a very enclosed space. Expect to hang from a chute harness while shooting your pistol. Expect a fairly physical match but within reason for every one. Hope this helps. I would get more specific but I don't have the stages right infront of me. KURT

• 2 weeks later...

Scott:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! A tac sling won't be reqiered but a sling is a good idea! Might even think of one for your shotgun.... BUT once again NOT REQUIERED!!!! KURT

• 2 months later...

A quick up date:

A lot of the aplications we have recieved have not been marked as per class, except for "He Man". I don't know why that is but it is. Please make sure you mark wich class and major minor declairations on the entry form. We finalised stage design tonight and they are just out standing. I would urge those of you who plan to shoot but haven't got your entries in to do so soon. Time is running out and the slots are filling!! KURT

• 3 weeks later...

Zac:

9mm is minimum (125pf). That is what the steel will be calibrated to. After that you are on your own. Protested steel will be calibrated and if in spec the ammo will be chronographed. ( at time of protest, R.O. will retain all unused ammo from competitor untill calibration and chrono). KURT

Zak:

No difference on paper. The rules listed on our web site are the same rules for IMGA with the only changes being for the He Man Class! The scoring is also covered in detail on the web site. Hope this helps. KURT

• 2 weeks later...

To All:

Please do NOT send in applications later than August 11th-Please bring them to the match if you are comming-There will not be a late fee incured-The match is looking great, and get ready for some real "Running and Gunning"-5 Combo stages and the rest gun specific-The prize table is looking great, so we will see you there.

Thanks-RM3G

We are well over the 100 shooter mark and the prize table is growing by leaps and bounds, ( over $15,000.00 and counting ). The stages are set and I think they are some of the best I have seen and helped design in quite awhile!! Special thanks are due to Mike Fields for course design and Tom Freeman for the use of all thier cool metal targets!!! The main match staff will not be included in the prize table but will shoot the match to see thier order of finish ( not to be published) and the R.O.s will shoot through on Thursday. Special thanks to J.P. enterprises, Trijicon scopes, and Sure fire!! These sponsores have gone WAY past what was necessary!!! See you all soon in New Mexico!!! KURT

Hey all. I'm trying to sort out my gear for this match. How many pistol rounds would it be a good idea to be able to carry into a stage?

I decided to bring my single-stack .45 'cause I can hit with it the best and it's what I shoot in IPSC. Are five 10-round mags likely to be enough for any single stage?

Besides pistol, I can carry two extra 30-round rifle mags and about 30 shotshells. Does that sound about right?

thanks

Zak

Zak:

You are more than fine with your setups! This isn't MGM so you probable have more than enough carriers for all your ammo. I would bring it all just so you can mix and match but you are golden!!! I am looking forward to meeting you next friday!!! KURT

KurtM,

Do you have a shipping address at Raton that I can send out brochures for the shooters bags?

I got with Blane, Jimmie and Todd at Oxford this past weekend. Had a great time. I also have the TA31 4x32 ACOG for sponsorship that I will be bring out to Raton.

Give me a call at the office if ya got a free minute.

CURTM

Trijicon

OK-WE ARE HERE AND BUILDING STAGES AND THEY ARE LOOKING GREAT-LONGEST SHOT WILL BE 304 YRDS-AND WORK ON SOME FLEXILIBILITY-YOU WILL BE MOVING IN A LITTLE HELICOPTOR WITH ALL 3 GUNS-HOPE EVERYONE CAN MAKE IT AND YOU CAN SIGN UP AT THE MATCH WITH NO LATE PENALTY-UPDATES TOMORROW-RM3G :rolleyes:

Colt1911,

Thanks for the info. I was able to contact Blane prior to his departure to Raton and shipped our "stuff" to him.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Stop by our display area and introduce yourself if ya got a couple of free minutes.

CurtM

Trijicon, Inc.