Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun build suggestions needed limited

joerenew

I am in the process of choosing a custom build for limited and am looking for builder suggestions or should I just go through someone like svi.

3 more questions

1. What grip material should I get plastic aluminum steel or stainless. I live in the south and consider rust prevention and shoot ability

2. Are serarions on top of gun practical or just for looks.

3.Finish options and durability ion bond chrome or np3 or cerakote

Edited by joerenew

Svi. Have one on order and I was like you went through every builder out there. Came down to svi because you can do basically whatever you want to it. All other builders can do certain things but don't offer the complete customization of the gun. Don't wait like I did get your order in. Other builders I was interested in was atlas and limcat. Came down to they wouldn't do some of the stuff I wanted because they have a certain design. Atlas has a little more flex when it comes to the design but not anything like SV. I took 4 months to decide talking with all and nobody will let you fully customize like SV will. I am in Louisiana so more humid than sc and ss grip with bitone stainless finish I went with. 

Edited by Dirtchevy841

16 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

SVI...

1) If rust is a concern, SS. 

2) depends on the design. Could be one, the other, both or neither. 

3) Ion bond. 

Mike where you at on your build. Getting close yet?  

Edited by Dirtchevy841

Just now, Dirtchevy841 said:

Mike where you st on your build. Getting close yet?  

I put my  deposits down in April. I expect them around July 2017, give or take one or two months on either end. I don't mind the wait, though. I've got a couple of young kids at home, so there's always plenty to do.

5 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Check out the Atlas Titan. Higher quality internals and barrel. All parts hand fit. SS grip would be my choice. I've got two on order.

It's a beautiful gun. My choice would be steel.

There are plenty of great custom builders 

I just purchased a Limcat BattleCat limited pistol and very satisfied. Spoke to a lot of LImcat owners before the purchase and their devotion to Limcat was what helped me make the final decision 

steel or polymer is a personal choice in grip

have had great luck with CK arms DLC coating in the south 

new Limcat is stainless 

11 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Svi. Have one on order and I was like you went through every builder out there. Came down to svi because you can do basically whatever you want to it. All other builders can do certain things but don't offer the complete customization of the gun. Don't wait like I did get your order in. Other builders I was interested in was atlas and limcat. Came down to they wouldn't do some of the stuff I wanted because they have a certain design. Atlas has a little more flex when it comes to the design but not anything like SV. I took 4 months to decide talking with all and nobody will let you fully customize like SV will. I am in Louisiana so more humid than sc and ss grip with bitone stainless finish I went with. 

I have to somewhat disagree with what was said about Atlas and limiting what you can do to a design. I asked for very specific things to be done and was not let down. You can pretty much design the gun yourself and they'll send you a 3d model of it and you can make changes to anything you want. From my experience Atlas will do anything you want to a gun if you ask nicely :D

6 hours ago, Shmella said:

I have to somewhat disagree with what was said about Atlas and limiting what you can do to a design. I asked for very specific things to be done and was not let down. You can pretty much design the gun yourself and they'll send you a 3d model of it and you can make changes to anything you want. From my experience Atlas will do anything you want to a gun if you ask nicely :D

Cool. Adam must have changed some things up in the design part of it. When I was calling everybody it wasn't like that. May have to look into atlas and Adam for my sons limited build in a couple years. Adam tuned several of my guns. He does great work. 

I believe you're only limited in design if you're buying a Titan.  They are the semi-custom line from Atlas that are built to set of specifications.  Atlas will for sure build you a full custom gun in any configuration you ask for.