Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Lights

Clay1

Yes, I recall this thread from this past spring and I read it but it all sounded like Swahili to me (at the time). Ha... guess what happened. Started hanging out with flashlight nuts and criminy, I have a new disease. Jeez, there are some nice lights out there!

I just took delivery on a Streamlight TL-2 B) and am 'saving up for' a SureFire E2D. :wub::wub:

post-1852-1125086818_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I recall this thread from this past spring and I read it but it all sounded like Swahili to me (at the time).  Ha... guess what happened.  Started hanging out with flashlight nuts and criminy, I have a new disease. Jeez, there are some nice lights out there!

I just took delivery on a Streamlight TL-2  B)  and am 'saving up for' a SureFire E2D. :wub:  :wub:

post-1852-1125086818_thumb.jpg

The E2D is an awesome light, just be careful where you carry it... :ph34r:

What I'm trying to find out is whether (or not) the E2D comes in Satin Grey as well as Black.....  Can't determine that from the SureFire Website.....  :huh:

What I understand is the E2D only comes with Black Type III hard anodization. (From several vendor sites. Surefire only states Hard anodized finish.)

• 6 months later...

If you want a rubber covered light the StreamLight Scorpion is a kickass light. I carry mine in my pocket every day. I've killed the first one in about years of everyday use and I bought a second one. Only then I found out that Streamlight would have fixed it for free. Now I can't find the old one though I'm sure I didnt throw it out. Grrr.

I've tried a few other lights but given its compactness, throw, battery use, and clean lines, I always come back to the Scorpion. The Inova T3 might be something I'll try next.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Unlike alot of what I read here, there have been plenty of instances of CR123 cells exploding very violently.

One needs to treat them with the proper care.

Currently, there is a discussion specifically about this on www.candlepowerforums.com

One guy nearly lost his vision due to a SureFire 9P with CR123 cells exploding. Of course, we know all gun owners always wear their safety glasses, right?

Anyhow, a direct link to one of the many discussions going on right now, about this problem:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread...8&page=13&pp=40

Please treat these Lithium 123 cells with care. A few guidelines that you will find there will help to reduce the risk of your flashlight exploding.