Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber Micro

nowayjose57

3 minutes ago, nowayjose57 said:

the difficulty she has is in racking the slide

My wife has the same problem (racking the slide) - I've found

that a 1911 in .45  is Much Easier to rack ...   You might want

to have her try to rack both, and see which is easier.    :)

My wife has a micro in 380.  I tell you what, I have been nothing but impressed with that gun.  Very well built, especially when you consider its usefulness as a pocket gun.  Of course, the 380 has a super light recoil spring and the slide is really easy to run. 

We like it so much that I'm planning on picking up a micro 9 sometime soon. 

I have one that I bought for wife. My experience is not good. Been back to kimber 3 times. 2 times for extraction issues and one time for bad barrel. That was the first time. I've heard different stories about many different problems with the 9mm. Also some good things. But from what I know I wouldn't want to but it. For me it's been nothing but trouble. 

My nephew  bought one (9MM) for his wife a couple of weeks ago.  He shot it this week.  He said it was accurate (surprised him due to the small size) and didn't seem to have a lot of recoil (his usual pistols are .45's).  He likes it, but it's hers......tough decisions sometimes.  You know.

He said it only came with one magazine so he called around to the local gun stores and found one that had two magazines in stock.  I think they only hold 6 rounds.  If you can find them, there is a magazine made for them that is extended long enough to make it a 7 round magazine.

2 hours ago, scottlep said:

I have a Micro 9. Not bad. Very snappy without an extended mag. KImber is taking forever to release the extended mags with the pinky extension, but I made my own from an extended Sig 938 mag.