Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 msrp

rowdyb

I definitely feel the CZ has a smaller grip. I'm using VZ Diamond Backs w/palm swell. I love these grips!  

Is the grip too small? Don't know. That's an opinion for each person but it is smaller compared to my G34. I'd love to hold some of the Tanfo's. Though, I've heard the triggers aren't as nice (again opinion) so, .....  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I'd love to hold some of the Tanfos. Though, I've heard the triggers aren't as nice (again opinion) so, .....  

My gun (once Patriot Defense came out with a full line of Tanfo parts similar to what CGW did for CZs) has a prettt damn nice trigger now.

Its 1.5 DA / 0.5 SA pounds lighter and smoother than my buddies CZCustom SP01 Shadow. I've not felt a CGW or truly worked-over fully polished gun to compare to my Tanfoglio.

But it really doesn't matter, in my opinion. They're both more than good enough to make the shooter the limitation, and beyond that you're just tinkering for the sake of tinkering. A 1/4lb lighter trigger or .5mm less reset doesn't honestly matter in your match scores.

These days, it's simply a matter of "pick the one you like most and go have fun" which is a great thing.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

10 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

^^^^^Don't tell me that!

I want a Lim Pro!  Don't need to try one. I'll end spending too much!  Ha ha. I agree. With all the other stuff. At some point you're just tinkering to tinker. 

With the heaviest hammer spring (14lb) and a full treatment of PD parts Im at 6.5 and 3, glass smooth. Zero-pretravel single action. It's certainly shootable, and I don't mind the weight I need to have to run my stockpile of CCI primers.

1.4 and 4.5ish weights are easy enough if you want to be slaved to federal primers just like with CZ. There's not much different anymore aside from ergonomics.

DA trigger reach is shorter on Tanfos too, despite longer frames.

Okay! Done with Tanfo chat! Back to Shadow 2...

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

With the heaviest hammer spring (14lb) and a full treatment of PD parts Im at 6.5 and 3, glass smooth. Zero-pretravel single action. It's certainly shootable.

1.4 and 4.5ish weights are easy enough if you want to be slaved to federal primers just like with CZ. There's not much different anymore aside from ergonomics.

DA trigger reach is shorter on Tanfos too, despite longer frames.

Well, I'm already dependent on fed primers so,.......

I may just buy one to try. 

Any chance they'll take my nickel plated Mec-Gar mags?  

Sometimes having to re invest in mags is enough to detour a change!   

Edited by B_RAD

19 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Any chance they'll take my nickel plated Mec-Gar mags?  

No. Tanfos need large frame magazines. Small Frame aka CZ mags will stay in for 1 shot though, don't ask me how I know.

Edited by SCTaylor

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

IIs the grip too small? Don't know. That's an opinion for each person

I think you are right and it seems like it is more than just hand size.

Within limits, a smaller grip feels very secure to me, sort of like the feel you get from holding a baseball bat that fits you well.