Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open .38super With Lo-mount C-more

GeorgeInNePa

This is an older gun I bought used last year. It has around 10K on it, around 6K when I bought it. Two different guys I shoot with have owned it and my gunsmith built it back in the '90's. Nothing special, not short or light, but it works.

My friend the gunsmith came up with this mount a few years ago. The only bad thing is you have to remove the slide to adjust the scope. It does put the dot just above where the sights would be, if there were sights on it. I like it, it feels more natural to me.

ETA 1/6/06:

guns003a.jpg

guns004a.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

That looks kinda funny, but i bet its fast. I was thinking of doing somthing like that for a shotgun mount so it would be low to the rib.

Funny you should mention shotgun. There is a Lo-Mount for that also. I gave him an 1100 and he mounted one on the right side of the reciever. Nice and low and just above the rib. As soon as he gets the trigger work done and I get it back I'll post a pic of that.

That looks kinda funny, but i bet its fast. I was thinking of doing somthing like that for a shotgun mount so it would be low to the rib.

Funny you should mention shotgun. There is a Lo-Mount for that also. I gave him an 1100 and he mounted one on the right side of the reciever. Nice and low and just above the rib. As soon as he gets the trigger work done and I get it back I'll post a pic of that.

I would be really interested in getting somthing like that. Do u have a # or email addy for your smith?

Perhaps mpolans is referring to the loss of peripheral vision to the left side of the dot because of the sight mount.

Nice gun BTW  :)

Thanks.

Well for everything in life, there is a trade off. I like this mount because the dot is closer to the slide. The mount is super light. The gun is held up far enough on table starts, that there is no problem getting your thumb under it to pick it up.

Plus, it looks super cool.

For this I traded a slight loss of vision aroung the left side. I'll take it.

If it works, that has to be one of the best "out of the box" ideas with a race gun in quite a while.

Nice blaster!!!

Edited to add - If you can, post a pic of looking down the slide as if you were shooting it to give us an idea of what you see.

Perhaps mpolans is referring to the loss of peripheral vision to the left side of the dot because of the sight mount.

Nice gun BTW  :)

I have a Optima on the side of my rifle scope for the close stuff, and with both eyes open I have no trouble seeing everything in front of me and the scope is real close to my face. I don't think this set-up would limit your vision enough on the left to be any problem, especially with the gun 2 feet in front of your face.

Personally I'd love to have a couple of thoes mounts. Any chance of the smith making a few more?

Guest Larry Cazes

Gotta agree.....with both eyes open, there is zero loss of vision even with a tube. When I shoot my open gun with an aimpoint tube, I only see the dot and target. The tube blurs out. This is a great idea since it also clears the ejection port.

If it works, that has to be one of the best "out of the box" ideas with a race gun in quite a while.

Nice blaster!!!

Edited to add - If you can, post a pic of looking down the slide as if you were shooting it to give us an idea of what you see.

ETA:

see first post

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

The way I'm seeing it, it looks like it would be blocking off the C/D zones of close targets which I don't hit anyway. Helluvan idea.

BTW - nice, bright, round dot you have there. Great photo.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, thought this topic was dead.

The local gunsmith makes this mount. He's the jerk that got me into shooting USPSA. ;) In these pics there was no hole in the gun for the front screw. There is now. After shooting a G34 and a G35 for the last six months, this thing felt really, really heavy. So I had the gunsmith lighten it up a little. While it was apart he drilled and tapped the front hole.

As far as the width, I haven't a clue, I'll have to measure it.

Zeroing is a bit of a pain. You need to take the slide off to set the windage. We have a spare C-More laying around, we are going to try moving the windage adjustments to the other side.