Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help filling out shopping list for Limited Pro

aandabooks

I have one remaining match end of the month. (6 classifiers and 2 fourty round blasting running speed stages).  After thsts done ill need three barrels done.  Who's the go to chamber reamer? Still Grams or will you guys be doing it?

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

Glad your happy with the outcome of your gun ?

Guys having light strike issues, have you checked your barrels chamber? We're seeing a lot of the newer guns having chambers that are out of spec and this contributes to light strikes.

I now have 13 and 14 pound hammer springs on order.  Failed to light off a few Win primers at a match this weekend.  100% with Fed primers but I don't want another gun that has to have Fed primers to run.

Rootacres, everything on your list already on the gun.

11 minutes ago, ElMateo487 said:

I wouldn't recommend the xtreme pin to new owners. It's nearly identical to stock.

I hear ya, Its slightly longer than stock but heavier than hennings. I have a gen4 (I believe) Henning FP and whats happening now is thats its too light to set off federals reliably with a 10lb hammers spring. 

29 minutes ago, rootacres said:

I hear ya, Its slightly longer than stock but heavier than hennings. 

Are you certain of that? Someone here measured one and it was almost exactly the same length. I think. At least, people on the internet are repeating it... so it has to be true.

16 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Are you certain of that? Someone here measured one and it was almost exactly the same length. I think. At least, people on the internet are repeating it... so it has to be true.

haha its on the internet so it has to be true. I will be able to tell you in about a week, when I get my xtreme FP in the mail. My understanding is that its slightly longer, lighter than the factory FP but heavier than hennings. I was messaging one of the Patriot Defense guys and they all use the Xtreme FP because hennings is too light with their 10lb hammer spring. I used my henning FP with a wolff 14lb HS all year and set off federals reliably. I am just getting greedy with trying to get a lower DA/SA pull. 

It's been mentioned by others who directly compared them in two recent threads that the length and weight of the factory and Xtreme pins are the same. The only difference being the rear of the FP (where the hammer strikes) is domed on the Xtreme.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The Xtreme parts are identical to your factory parts other than the finish. This goes for the interrupter, sear housing, and firing pin. The reason for this was Eric G. and Tanfo needed a way to market parts to the IPSC crowd that could be polished without being to noticeable since polishing is not allowed from what I've gathered. We have noticed you can get a better polish on the Xtreme pin over the factory pin due to it being precision ground rather than CNC turned like the factory pin.

The Xtreme parts are identical to your factory parts other than the finish. This goes for the interrupter, sear housing, and firing pin. The reason for this was Eric G. and Tanfo needed a way to market parts to the IPSC crowd that could be polished without being to noticeable since polishing is not allowed from what I've gathered. We have noticed you can get a better polish on the Xtreme pin over the factory pin due to it being precision ground rather than CNC turned like the factory pin.

Well the firing pin is not EXACTLY the same. Different domed surface for where the hammer strikes. But yeah, identical in every other way.

Getting some FTF on Win primers.  Ran through 100 Fed primed today with only 1 that had to be striked twice.

I'm running a Titan, BOLO, Extreme FP, 12lb hammer and a PD optimized FP spring.  I ordered 13 and 14lb hammer springs and an Extreme light FP spring.  Where do I start with spring changes?  Will the light FP spring make a difference?  Also have a medium on hand.

Plunk tested your loads?

How deep are the primers?

Is the slide hanging up slightly out of battery?

Federal match primer FAILED??  Yikes! I've never had one fail...even when at 3 1/2# DA. Did you polish? If  so, what where and how well?  I suspect something is slowing the hammer and needs to be shined up.  inspect the firing pin channel, hammer strut hole, the gap the hammer swings through and the firing pin block and hole.  Inspect the block/pin interface to see if it's getting rounded, indicating contact.

Plunk test fine.  .005-.007" below flush.  Slide goes into battery no problem.

Polish job was pretty thorough.  I'm not feeling any hang up of the hammer.  I'm trying to avoid having another Federal only gun.  I am just wondering if going to the light firing pin spring would make a difference or if I'm going to have to tear it down again and up the hammer spring.

Check that the firing pin block isn't interfering.  A 12 hammer spring shouldn't fail with feds.  but.... I would recommend a 14 spring at this point.  the higher force will power through minor rough spots your polishing missed or interference area. After a 1000 da dry fires those areas will show where more work is needed.

Also the firing pin / channel polish. Remove the pin, spring and block. Insert the pin backwards and see how smoothly it glides. Especially past the block location.  yours might be fine, or it could have a glitch.

On the return spring.... you can try the EG L. Do pencil launch with each (10x) and compare.  I doubt there will be much difference, you might even lose. But... worth checking. Speaking of pencil launch... how's yours look now?

I pencil launch frequently.  guns with light springs live on the edge. I want to KNOW when they start to stumble.  the pencil test isn't perfect, but it is the best cheap / easy test I've found.