Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help filling out shopping list for Limited Pro

aandabooks

Going on a shopping spree at the Ben Stoeger site for a Limited Pro that I have on the way.  Here is what I have on the list so far:

4 mags with base-pads $45

Bladetech Holster $55

Wolff Spring Pack $119

Should I buy a 1-piece sear right away?  If so, which one?

How about a different hammer?  

Tanfoglio Optimized Hammer Spring 12lb $9.95
$9.95
× fullsizerender Tanfoglio Optimized Firing Pin Spring $7.95
$7.95
× wolff recoil spring EAA/Tanfoglio Witness Long-Slide 9lb Recoil Spring $7.89
$7.89
× wolff recoil spring EAA/Tanfoglio Witness Long-Slide 8lb Recoil Spring $7.89
$7.89
× xtreme-guide-rod-20-by-eric-grauffel (1) EGD XTREME EAA / TANFOGLIO WITNESS GUIDE ROD LONG $39.95
$39.95

They don't have a couple of the small springs in stock.  I'll ger the front site over at Stoegers site with the holster and mags.  

Between Patriot Defense and Ben Stoeger Pro Shop I have about $400 worth of accessories and upgrades ordered.  Didn't do the BOLO or Titan hammer.  That looks to be another $150 or so.

I have experience with S&W revolvers getting DA/SA trigger pulls down.  Those revolvers are only good with Fed primers now.  I don't think I want to put myself in a position with this gun that I am reliant on only Fed primers for reliable ignition.  I'm down to my last 10k and my normal sources have dried up recently.  Will the BOLO and Titan hammer put me in that territory?

Lately I've been running Winchester primers with some CCI.  I'm holding my Federals until I find more.

The bulk of the money in my carts right now is magazines and a holster.  I'll do some figuring on the BOLO and Titan to see about buying those parts.

I added a bolo and titan hammer to my stock 2. It already had a bodkin trigger job so it had a good trigger. But now great. With the 12lbs PD hammer spring it has touched off factory primers, as well as S&B, Federal (obviously), and some Win. I haven't taken a gauge to it yet but I'd venture a guess that the DA is in the 5lbs range and SA in the 2.5 range. And the above posters are not kidding. The bolo/titan/extreme sear changed an already polished and prepped trigger dramatically for the better. When I get a back up I'll buy those 3 parts and get to polishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup.

28 bucks of springs will  allow for a fed only gun or one able to pop most anything just by a 5 min swap. THE light 10 from PD puts it at 4.0 DA and stiffer 14 PD goes up to high 5's DA. Heck, EG medium  takes it to 8 and change and it still feels good with the bolo. (But the EG springs will give considerable stacking feel that the PD won't).

Not if you run uspsa. Just polish yours where there are rub marks, the pin and the holes in the sear and housing.

Some s people compete and are required to have totally factory untouched parts.  I'd probably have a breakdown knowing there were unpolished parts in my gun! Lol

I added a bolo and titan hammer to my stock 2. It already had a bodkin trigger job so it had a good trigger. But now great. With the 12lbs PD hammer spring it has touched off factory primers, as well as S&B, Federal (obviously), and some Win. I haven't taken a gauge to it yet but I'd venture a guess that the DA is in the 5lbs range and SA in the 2.5 range. And the above posters are not kidding. The bolo/titan/extreme sear changed an already polished and prepped trigger dramatically for the better. When I get a back up I'll buy those 3 parts and get to polishing.

Update on mine- upon putting more rounds thru this set up I've found it's not reliable with winchesters. Had at least 3 light strikes in a match yesterday. Gonna have to do some more testing with a heavier spring.

Yes I am.

So I'll update you on this. But I am having light strikes too... when I feel like I shouldn't be.

My theory is that the FPB (which if you check won't work with some after market pins). Since it is too short, sometimes it is dragging on the pin causing light strikes.

So does your FPB work right now? Or does it do nothing.

I'll be trying out an extended one here shortly.

I got this theory from a long thread about Tanfo tuning on another forum.

So I'll update you on this. But I am having light strikes too... when I feel like I shouldn't be.

My theory is that the FPB (which if you check won't work with some after market pins). Since it is too short, sometimes it is dragging on the pin causing light strikes.

So does your FPB work right now? Or does it do nothing.

I'll be trying out an extended one here shortly.

I got this theory from a long thread about Tanfo tuning on another forum.

Haven't checked but I'll check on that. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to finish out this thread and say Thank You to everyone who helped me with parts for my gun.  Through an order at Ben Stoeger Pro Shop and a couple to Patriot Defense my gun now has a more than acceptable trigger.  Everything has been stripped down and I am now more familiar with the inner workings of this gun than probably any other gun that I own.  

I saw in another thread that you'll be coming out with a heavy firing pin.  Put me down for one.  I'm going to be ordering a couple backup parts in the next week along with a slightly heavier hammer spring incase light strikes pop up.