Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jpoint Optics From Jprifles

STI

Have done a search and came up with lots of hits for the "Doctor". I know these are more than likly a new version of the Optima but is/has anyone tried them and how many rounds have they fired using one. Do they last??

Cheers

STI

Do a search on "Docter" which is the German spelling.

Docter is made in the old Zeiss plant in Germany & has a glass lens and aluminum body.

JPoint is made somewhere else and is the same thing as the Optima. Plastic lens and body.

They are not interchangeable, the Docter is longer.

I have an old JP/Optima on the side of AR's scope and its been there for 4 years and is holding up fine. I also have a newer one on a 9mm pistols that has about 250 rounds through it and its holding up fine.

Before I sold my JP to "Squishy" it had a JPoint on it. I only put about 1K rounds through it before I had to sell it, but it worked great. As far as I know Squishy hasn't had a single problem with it to date, and I have to believe that he has put another 2-3K rounds through the gun.

Before I sold my JP to "Squishy" it had a JPoint on it. I only put about 1K rounds through it before I had to sell it, but it worked great. As far as I know Squishy hasn't had a single problem with it to date, and I have to believe that he has put another 2-3K rounds through the gun.

I've had an Optima on my open Gun since 2000 with no problems at all

MVZ

Pushin 3 years with way over ten k through it, the J-Point on my Open Glock, shooting a 170+ PF has never given me any problems as long as I put a little locktite on the screws after I change the batteries. Otherwise, it will loosen up on ya'

I am on my 3rd, but not because of any problems from the J-Point. My first dot was one of the old Tasco Optima 2000, on an open Glock, after about 3000 rounds the lens started to move (fore & aft), so I ordered a J-Point because I could keep the same mount as the Optima. It worked great for about 5000 rds. Somewhere along the line I developed some ejection problems and the brass scratched the lens, but thats my problem, not JP's. Recently I bought a newer 8MOA J-Point for the open Glockster (shooting a 171PF) and have been extremely happy with it.

I then took the 4 MOA 'scratched' J-Point and put it on my Advantage Arms .22 Glock Conversion Kit. It is so cool.

Even with the scratches on the lens I never had any 'issues' with the J-Point. It just kept working, and working, and working. I still won my class (B open) at many shoots, scratches and all.

I would love to have a C-More on my Glock but cant figure out how to mount it without any feeding problems.

J-Point .....Awesome ... Simple ... Dependable ... need I say more ???

I am on my 3rd, but not because of any problems from the J-Point.  My first dot was one of the old Tasco Optima 2000, on an open Glock, after about 3000 rounds the lens started to move (fore & aft), so I ordered a J-Point because I could keep the same mount as the Optima.  It worked great for about 5000 rds.  Somewhere along the line I developed some ejection problems and the brass scratched the lens, but thats my problem, not JP's.  Recently I bought a newer 8MOA J-Point for the open Glockster (shooting a 171PF) and have been extremely happy with it. 

I then took the 4 MOA 'scratched' J-Point and put it on my Advantage Arms .22 Glock Conversion Kit.  It is so cool.

Even with the scratches on the lens I never had any 'issues' with the J-Point.  It just kept working, and working, and working.  I still won my class (B open) at many shoots,  scratches and all.

I would love to have a C-More on my Glock but cant figure out how to mount it without any feeding problems.

J-Point .....Awesome ... Simple ... Dependable ... need I say more  ???

Thanks for the Info I purchased a Jpoint for my AR on a saddle mount but never got arround to fitting it. Now I'm have a new open gun and wondered if it was worth fitting on it. I'm gona do it, I don't like the way the C-more type sit so high but was worried how long the slide ride type sight will last with the hammering

Cheers

Mike