Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For A Magazine Speedloader

jnshapiro

Any of the loaders made for the MK II should work just fine. I have used several varieties without any problems.

You might also check with Rudy Warren of Billy Bullet's. He markets a loading device that, once properly tuned, will load your magazines in just seconds and save your thumbs a lot of pain.

I believe this contact information is still good.

Rudy Warren - desertkraft@aol.com 480-671-0451

-ld

Try the ULTIMATE cliploader from McFadden Machine in Blairsville, PA made for Ruger magazines. Dump a box of shells in the top and shove the magazine in the bottom, instant load. Found at a gun show about $20.

I made one today out of a peice of walnut. Just milled a slot in it wide enough for the mag to slip through but not so wide as the button does too. It works just fine and the price was right.

Joel

Greywolf is right. You want the Ultimate Cliploader. Check it out here: http://www.arms-ordnance.com/Ultimatecliploader.html

Brownells sells them also:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...il.aspx?p=16700

You can seriously reload your mags in 10 seconds once you get the technique right. This thing is a must have if you own a 22/45 or MarkII.

I have one of those contraptions.  Maybe my technique sucks, 'cause it's an orange plastic .22 round shaker to me :D

I couldn't remember the name but The Ultimate Clip Loader is the speedy loading device I was thinking of in my earlier post. Getting them to run does take a bit of fiddling with the two screws that controll the depth of the mag and the tension on the first round in the feeder. I have two and the best setup for me is to adjust the mag depth to match the farthest amount of travel that the mag button has before it bottoms out and to have the ball detent set so that I have to shake the whole thing up and down to get the rounds to drop. Occasionally I'll get a round that doesn't want to stay behind the detent but a quick shake gets it out of the way so I can start loading a mag.

-ld