Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making targets...the cheapest of cheap thrills

drmweaver2

I don't really know why but today was the shiznitz as we used to say.

I spent about 2 hours making targets for my indoor, dry-fire "dogo" (okay it's a spare bedroom that had been being used for storage...I made some space and hung paper on the walls... voila, dojo!).

Scaling them, printing them out, gluing them to cardboard, finding out that cereal box cardboard is exactly what I like thickness and stiffness-wise for blue-taping to my walls without damaging the paint... I all but felt like I was back in kindergarten (which I never actually attended). Really cheap thrill seeing the stack of usable targets grow from nothing to about 4 dozen.

Man I am such a child despite my current stage of decrepitude.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I'd  say something "smart", but pictures of my shop with targets in like 6 locations might surface! 

I had to clear space to start working on movement drills.  actually that's both hard and fun at the same time! And even a workout after a bit dashing back n forth.

• 1 month later...

Grab a cheap gas airsoft gun and go to town. A medium flat rate post office box with some paper crumpled up inside makes a pretty cheap target, and the inside holds the bb. Hang ten around the house and get to shooting. Very cheap. Can have friends come over and get creative with target placement. Also, if you leave it at the same location, you can compete for times.

My Inner Child got all excited and bought a small drone a couple of weeks ago. :P   Now I just need to find the time to have someone assist with a missing tool in the kit and to help calibrate the thing. I'm really pretty busy most of the time. My God, it's even got a camera and colored lights! And it was uber affordable. 

My Inner Child gets this way sometimes.  :rolleyes:

On 10/12/2016 at 9:39 PM, SiG Lady said:

My Inner Child got all excited and bought a small drone a couple of weeks ago. :P   Now I just need to find the time to have someone assist with a missing tool in the kit and to help calibrate the thing. I'm really pretty busy most of the time. My God, it's even got a camera and colored lights! And it was uber affordable. 

My Inner Child gets this way sometimes.  :rolleyes:

Which drone did you get?  Plan on using it to tape matches?

Hubsan X4  H107C

No, no matches. This will be just something to fly around the hallways at the office and maybe a little outdoor stuff after winter's over. It's small enough that indoor zooming would be appropriate. We have a hallway at work that is open to the third floor (we're on the second floor), so there is room for elevating to the upstairs.